Sign in to follow this  
sethos

BONE is coming?

So, apparently Warner Bros just optioned Jeff Smith's Bone seris for the movie treatment. Very interesting. Smith is an executive producer, so he'll have a say in what the movie will be like (Smith pulled the plug on an earlier attempt by Nickelodeon when they wanted Britney Spears as Thorn.. and singing too). There's no decision on whether it'll be a animated or live-action movie.

Oh come now, Sean, Jeff Smith won't be having any on that live action nonsense. He's alllllllll about the animation.

I'd think so too, I think the studio will probably have final say when it comes to that.

Either way I would think it would have to be a multi-picture ordeal to do the story any justice. IMO it should be animated as they could capture Smith's look much better.

Either way I would think it would have to be a multi-picture ordeal to do the story any justice. IMO it should be animated as they could capture Smith's look much better.

I watched TMNT the other day and was blown away by the animation,they,should go that route.

Jeff Smith comments about the movie deal on his blog over at Boneville.com:

The news broke this week that Vijaya and I made a deal with Warner Bros. for the film rights to BONE. You can get the details at Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.

The whole thing happened very quickly last Friday night. Warners called and made us a real offer, it was as simple as that. They stated their seriousness to stay true to the books, and after a couple of back and forths, the whole thing was over in an hour and a half. Vijaya and I had a celebratory drink and went to bed. We woke up Saturday morning to find the internet on fire!

There’s a lot of speculation about what the film will look like, but I honestly don’t know yet. I’m partial to 2D, but if something else looks freaking mind-blowing, I’m open to it.

Not much more to say at this point. We’re at the very beginning of the process, and anything can happen.

I have to admit, though, the idea of the Looney Tunes WB shield zooming out at the beginning of a BONE movie would be pretty cool. Fingers crossed!