Sign in to follow this  
ivanxuereb

I should learn Tarot card reading

I want to learn tarot (I can tell the meaning of a couple of cards), but I don't like that cards in a first sight. Maybe I am too conservative and I don't want another sort-of 'black tarot' by Royo. But checking them closely, it seems that McKean kept the symbolism of the classic deck...

Hmmm...

How much is it?

SOLD!!!

Thanks, man. From the four of the guys, you're the best (the link didn't work at the beginning but now is ok).

I've always thought the Vertigo Tarot set was a nice one.

Everybody always wants the Rider-Waite Tarot deck. Frankly, while a very nice set, it gets boring being THE Tarot deck.

Believe it or not, I managed to learn Tarot from Crowley's book on the subject. I would not recommend that to a beginner. The book is almost unreadable.

Today, I'd choose something simpler, but in my early post-LaVey days, I had to do everything by the Crowleyian method.

Could be worse I suppose. I could've turned into a follower of Waite.

I still really like that Mighty Marvel Tarot comic book released last year. It seemed rather experimental for Marvel.

I've always thought the Vertigo Tarot set was a nice one.

Everybody always wants the Rider-Waite Tarot deck. Frankly, while a very nice set, it gets boring being THE Tarot deck.

Believe it or not, I managed to learn Tarot from Crowley's book on the subject. I would not recommend that to a beginner. The book is almost unreadable.

Today, I'd choose something simpler, but in my early post-LaVey days, I had to do everything by the Crowleyian method.

Could be worse I suppose. I could've turned into a follower of Waite.

But you DID turn into a follower of LaVey, which is already worse in my book... :boogie:

I learned tarot from MacGregor-Mathers, Waite, Fortune, and Crowley (to a point--his books are mangled to the point where its clear he's being obscure because he knows he's just making shit up, whereas the others really believe it) and was pretty good. Probably still am, since tarot is only a framework for cold reading a person without their realizing it.

Yeah, but I was a follower of LaVey in my younger days, right after figuring out that Wicca was bollocks, before my turn to Crowley.

As I've said, I was young and naive.

And, your summations of Crowley are exactly why I still have respect for him, by the way (as opposed to Mathers* or Waite**).

*Mathers system of magic is perfectly fine and much more accessible, on the other hand.

**I never had any respect for Fortune.

Tarot is just for tea parties and intimate gatherings.

Am I facing the biggest community of sorcerers since the ages of Qemt?

OK, we should do something to share your knowledges so I can leech them. :boogie:

Am I facing the biggest community of sorcerers since the ages of Qemt?

OK, we should do something to share your knowledge so I can leech them. :boogie:

Here is what you do.

1) Start a fire.

2) Get a machette

3) Invite Christian over for dinner...

Some hugely beautiful art in those cards, but a lot of the application of trumps to characters in that deck always struck me as massively misguided.

well, they did choose the right character for the fool. or should he be the Magician, the way Delano cast him (I think)?

Delano cast him as the Fool as well, I feel. he's no Heirophant, put it that way.

I was wondering if they would do a tarot with newer vertigo series like 100 bullets, fables y the last man and some other ones such as preacher I think that would be cool too

100 Bullets and Fables both have enough characters they could probably have a single comic deck for each. That would be very cool indeed.

Delano cast him as the Fool as well, I feel. he's no Heirophant, put it that way.

I don't remember Delano casting John as the Fool. I thought it was Gaiman who first introduced that idea. Delano originally cast John as the Hanged Man.

I asked in the shop for the deck. It's not even in his previews catalogue!!! The guy told me that next month he will tell me if it is going out before September!

Oh. I will have to wait too long.

So, do people actually use this deck, or is it just for show?

Well, I'm sure some folk actually "use" the deck, but seeing as divination by tarot isn't actually real, even when it is used it's just for show :tongue:

So, do people actually use this deck, or is it just for show?

Well, I'm sure some folk actually "use" the deck, but seeing as divination by tarot isn't actually real, even when it is used it's just for show :tongue:

They're still two different shows :tongue:

I don't remember Delano casting John as the Fool. I thought it was Gaiman who first introduced that idea. Delano originally cast John as the Hanged Man.

Now you mention it, he had progressed to a Magus by that last Delano story, as well. Possibly he'd grown into a heirophant role.