Bellis

Favourite Hellblazer Stories

You did: sorry, I missed that reference to The Dublin Story in Ennis.

....This could take awhile, i'm easy to please with Hellblazer stories.

First of all, all of a careys run, i know alot of the stories dont sit well with people but hes possibly my favourite writer, (though at the moment Andy Diggles run is turning me, but again i only have the trades so far)

But this would be my list, mostly trade form as i only have about 2-3 years worth of individuals and i'm slowly replacing them with trades)

Staring At The Wall (A big story maybe kind of too big for John buti dunno it sits well with me.)

Down In The Ground Where The Dead Men Go.

Red sepulchre

Black flowers (the full trade)

The Laughing Magician

Joyride

Haunted.

Newcastle.

And i'll leave it there.

I really forgot a short story by Jenkins and Paul Pope on Vertigo Winter´s edge# 1, " Tell me", about a guy who found love and after found he has a brain tumor. Jenkins really got right with it, the best of his run, not to mention pope´s amazing art, which really fitted Jenkins´s words. Johns ´interaction with the dead guy and the last scene were perfect.

I really forgot a short story by Jenkins and Paul Pope on Vertigo Winter´s edge# 1, " Tell me", about a guy who found love and after found he has a brain tumor. Jenkins really got right with it, the best of his run, not to mention pope´s amazing art, which really fitted Jenkins´s words. Johns ´interaction with the dead guy and the last scene were perfect.

one of my favourites too.

Aside from Delano's not-particularly-brilliant prose short story, I think the various short Constantine stories done outside of the main title by regular writers are all among their very best work. 'All The Little Girls And Boys', 'Tell Me', 'The First Time', 'Exposed' - they're all superb, and it's a shame they've never been collected in any of the trades. Especially 'All The Little Girls And Boys', which is my favourite Ennis Hellblazer story by a huge, huge margin.

I really love Ennis´" Tainted Love" (vertigo jam), a really good complement to " Fear and Loathing" arc, John´s relationship with Seth, his falling for that girl, the deal, Ennis did an excellent tie-in and his talking with the homeless guy, my favourite.

I like " Confessional" (Hellblazer special # 1), another great story, john´s past being told and after those years he had to face it again, I miss those specials which DC should do more, not to mention Dillon´ s art, which is the best he really was great doing hellblazer.

The Horrorist.

And most of the first 40 issues. I've re-read them more times than any Hellblazer comic book.

Ok except Year One. I've probably read that twenty times.

The Horrorist.

And most of the first 40 issues. I've re-read them more times than any Hellblazer comic book.

Ok except Year One. I've probably read that twenty times.

I totally forgot Horrorist. It´s an amazing story and the art is fantastic.