matadoor

Comic movies-

I just finished seeing EleKtra this weekend and there is just NO COMPARISON. CONSTANTINE kicks the SHITE out of it in all categories-

Directing/Acting/Supporting Roles/Special Effects/Plot/writing/ even Music Score. I really do think Constantine will set "the standard" for comic movies despite the differences on film. Anyone else see Elektra with an empty theatre? This movie just got released this weekend.

I really do think Constantine will set "the standard" for comic movies despite the differences on film.

I'm all for boundless optimism but...um...Spider-Man 1 ? Spider-Man 2 ? American Splendour ? X-Men 1 ? X-Men 2 ? Batman ? Batman Begins ?

My personal comic movie favourite right now is Hellboy.

You're setting your sights terribly low by comparing Constantine to Elektra.

Ghost World, Men in Black, Blade 1 & 2...

Sin City will kick Constantine's pale skinny arse out of the public consciousness.

And I'll second Tom's motion.

"Road to Perdition"....

"Elektra" was a one-trick character. Frank Miller introduced her and had an idea for her, personally I thought it was the weakest plot from his run on D.D., but other readers thought she was a great character.

Nothing has really been done with the character since Miller left Marvel, although fans still love the character.

What I'm saying is comparing the Elektra character to the John Constantine character is just wrong on so many levels!

I think he's comparing the movies rather than the characters. Bit confusing given the titles, I know...

Let's not forget Hellboy.

[EDIT] Oh, John said Hellboy aready. Yup, that is my favorite comic to movie dealio. Right up there with Spiderman 1.

Sin City is going to raise the bar for all comics movies to come, tho.

Ghost World, Hulk (yeah, i actually liked A Beautiful Hulk, you got a problem with that?), Road To Perdition, Spidey 1 (though the 2nd one didn't stand up to the rewatch test) are all good comic book movies. DD was a big "meh", largely thanks to Elektra...

Matadoor - if you want to see what would have made a kickass Elektra movie premise, go to the nearest library/bookstore and get a copy of Elektra : Assasin by Frank Miller and Bill Sienkiewizc. You won't regret it.

They need to make a Black Panther movie and have Priest be an advisor on it.

Batman Begins is basically Batman: Year One. Just with a Hollywood touch to it.

I liked Spider-man an Spider-man 2, Daredevil was meh, The hulk was meh, The first two batman films were great up until Clooney,Val Kilmer took the parts, and Joel Shucmacher ruined the franchise. The Superman movies were good cept the last couple.

I didnt see Hellboy, Heard Catwoman was total shit.

Elektra looks like crap. I'v read that she flash's back every 5 mins that you think she's been eating some wild mushrooms and taking acid..

I am looking forward to Batman Begins. Because Christian bale looks EXACTLY like Bruce Wayne, and as the attitude and persona. Not to mention this one looks to be really good.

I also want to see Sin City.

The X-men movies were decent at best. But they were mainly "Wolverine an his Amazing Friends"

Elektra looks like crap. I'v read that she flash's back every 5 mins that you think she's been eating some wild mushrooms and taking acid..

heh... that's probably the only part that they kept from Eelektra Assasin... :p

good comic book movies:

Hellboy

Spider-man 1 and 2

X-Men 1 and 2

Ghostworld

American Splendor

Corto Maltese

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen made more money than Hellboy.

There is no God.

I just finished seeing EleKtra this weekend and there is just NO COMPARISON.  CONSTANTINE kicks the SHITE out of it in all categories-

You know, I bet the people shilling for Elektra and Catwoman felt exactly the same way. And the last two Batman films. And they certainly set an expectation for comic-inspired flms.

Rogan, suggesting a Hollywood type actually read something is rude. Matadoor will expect you to apologize.

He started it! ;)

But seriously why post it in the first place, it's not like we give a shit about any percieved "Electra vs Constantine" hype.

In fact the only person to mention it is the marketing machine that is Matadoor.

I still find his use of British slang hilarious.

BoxOfficeMojo's breakdown of comic movies by box office - http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=...kadaptation.htm

Question: Is this the measure of how much they made after deducting production costs, or is it just how much they got?

That's the gross income - if you click on the link for any of the movies, you'll be able to see the production/advertising costs.

Ta, John.

Re: There is no god, "Catwoman" cost the studio an estimated 135 mill US$, but only grossed about 82 mill US$ worldwide.

If god exists, he at least has bad days on the job. But flashes of poetic justice on occasion, like in this instance...:D

Well that's gratifying, at least.

My girlfriend will be very pleased to hear that - she's a fan of the character, and viewed the production of this particular film as a personal insult to her. Not that any of us on these boards could possibly relate to that... :)

Actually, I wasn't just thinking of you. ;)

As I said a page or so back, I broadly feel the same way as you about this crock of shite. That's why I rarely post in this part of the forum...I really just can't be arsed to face up to it.