Sign in to follow this  
Charlie K

How do you get to heaven in Hellblazer?

I think one of the hardest things to do, after being gone for a long time, is finding a way to jump back in.

Hello peoples.

Anyway, I like this question, but it's a hard one to answer certainly. I think I'd like to see John's character get more active. I always like when he has a goal better than when things happen to him. When I played with the idea of writing fan fiction I had arc ideas but no longer. Hmmm.

uh....good question.

Long time no see, Wrongem! Nice to have you back. And write down the ideas so you won't forget :D

It's hard to separate the development of the stories and the development of the character. I agree with what has been said before that similar 'Im a beastie or corrupt rich bloke with sinister machinations' plots have been dealt with by different sorts of Constantine - but the best stories (and I don't just mean in Hellblazer) are the ones that mix the character and the horror, the story being incomplete without either.

What would I like to see John exploring? Maybe another great love? Maybe trying to grab hold of his own little corner of the world safe from the nuttiness? Most favourably, I'd like to see him really take on a religion - not for blasphemy's sake but to actually present a faithful mass with the truth of what they've been worshipping all these years. In particular, I think at this point in the run it's slightly unrealistic (not that I mind) that John is able to operate so far under the radar...so yeah, John for messiah/Prime Minister. He's spent his years slagging off those in charge - but can he do any better?

But I hope the writers have better ideas than me. I don't want them to give me what I want or what I'd do...just want them to really tell their stories!

You know, it might be interesting to have some sort of reveal of an undefined organization that has been pulling his strings more or less successfully over the years, and exploring what that might entail--other than what Diggle has in store for us that is. I would also like to see more of the active, plotting John, working towards an end of significant scale.

You know, it might be interesting to have some sort of reveal of an undefined organization that has been pulling his strings more or less successfully over the years, and exploring what that might entail--other than what Diggle has in store for us that is. I would also like to see more of the active, plotting John, working towards an end of significant scale.

John used to be part of such an organization--one of two great magic lodges that has been running things for years--but he turned his back on them long ago.

You know, it might be interesting to have some sort of reveal of an undefined organization that has been pulling his strings more or less successfully over the years, and exploring what that might entail--other than what Diggle has in store for us that is.

No. No no no no. That would not be possible to write without massively retconning almost the entire history of the comic. How could any organisation fit the FoTF, the GOAG, The beast with no name, Nergal, Gabriel, the lord of the third place or Myrrdin into their "overall scheme"?

You know, it might be interesting to have some sort of reveal of an undefined organization that has been pulling his strings more or less successfully over the years, and exploring what that might entail--other than what Diggle has in store for us that is.

No. No no no no. That would not be possible to write without massively retconning almost the entire history of the comic. How could any organisation fit the FoTF, the GOAG, The beast with no name, Nergal, Gabriel, the lord of the third place or Myrrdin into their "overall scheme"?

Agreed completely. If that sort of plot twist were revealed, I'd probably drop the book.