Sign in to follow this  
Carnivorous Vulgaris

Starting On Ennis' Run

Picked up Dangerous Habits a couple of days ago and, although I have my reservations over Ennis as a writer, loved it. It might turn out to be the only Ennis-authored Hellblazer that I like but it's a worthy, human addition to Constantine's story, I feel. Moving onto Bloodlines now. Any words of warning?

• Downvote 1

Picked up Dangerous Habits a couple of days ago and, although I have my reservations over Ennis as a writer, loved it. It might turn out to be the only Ennis-authored Hellblazer that I like but it's a worthy, human addition to Constantine's story, I feel. Moving onto Bloodlines now. Any words of warning?

Royal Blood is pretty stupid, but it has its moments. Guys and Dolls is pretty good. Pub where I was born and it's second part are meh.

Totally agree with Jay.

Do you mean that you agree, or was that a command? Either way, it's awesome, and it's going on my sig line.

Ok erm since I'm new kinda, the pub where I was born, I liked it as a story, so can someone place me on my level of hellblazerness? I also really dug confessions of an Irish rebel as well, the cover with Constantine and Finn(as a ghost) walking down the street was really good). Wait did that make sense? Ah well time for a good sleep and lie in tomorrow

Trav

I liked Royal Blood.. All in all I think Garf was a pretty good scribe for HB.

I thought Royal Blood was the best of Garth.

Royal Blood was a bit cliche, but Garf had some great stuff.

Hellblazer was very early on in his career, I think he matured as a writer while writing it (not that Garf's a mature writer).

He was fine on Hellblazer, but certainly not as good as Delano, and possibly Jenkins.

Great teaser, that. I've got my issues with Ennis' Hellblazer, but he started very strong indeed.

It was a cool ad. It was in the DC "mature readers" books the month before Ennis took over the title.

I remember when I was first reading HB, and I wanted to read "Dangerous Habits" so badly, but I didn't really know what the story was called. I was in the comic shop, browsing back issues, and I couldn't figure it out. I just knew the story started in Ennis' first issue.

So, I asked the comic store owner, "Do you remember what issue it was where John Constantine got lung cancer?".

I was so freaking proud to be asking about a plot like that, instead of some cheesy superhero plot.

he he