Sign in to follow this  
Venkman

Spiderman 4

I'm seeing interviews with Raimi saying he's 'keen' to do another Spiderman film with the same cast. Possibly shooting 4 and 5 back to back (so with a big cliffhanger?)

What think you to that?

If you don't like, who would you rather see take over? Can Kirsten Dunst get any more bedraggled?

(and can we finally see the Lizard gosh darnit! And can Bryce Dallas Howard be more on screen? And my girlfriend?)

After the the shit job they did on 3 I don't care if they ever make another. And that sucks because I like me some Spiderman movies.

I never really cared for the franchise. I thought 2 was overrated, and 3 was kringe-worthy and not just the parts where you were supposed to kringe.

No thankyou.

1 was good, 2 was great. As for 3 I couldn't even stay for the whole movie because of, oh-my-god-Fred-Astaire-wannabe-Spider-man. My eyes.

I've tried to watch 1 and 2 a few times, but I can't stop thinking about how much I hate all the lead actors.

Yeah, 'cause Tobey did such a great job with the double role in part 3. :tongue:

I agree that number 3 was a mess; mainly the meandering script didn't work for me. And it didn't help that, in this instalment, both Peter & MJ came across as unappealing women.

There's nothing wrong with androgynous heroes, it just ain't Spider-Man.

Emo is the new book worm.

....No?

I want a direct adaptation of the Clone Saga, ala Sin City. They must go all the way to preserve the work of genius.

Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about Emo Peter — I was talking about normal Peter, who was kind of odd in part 3.

I think that if 3 had been better, Raimi would have stopped where he was - this sounds like he wants to do a big two-parter and go out with a bang!

I thought 2 was overrated, and 3 was kringe-worthy and not just the parts where you were supposed to kringe.
Ditto

I agree that number 3 was a mess; mainly the meandering script didn't work for me. And it didn't help that, in this instalment, both Peter & MJ came across as unappealing women.
The best role I've seen Dunst in was in Interview with The Vampire, and she was 10ish at that time. The best role I've seen Toby in was...heck I spent ages avoiding his non-Spiderman movies.

They have to seriously make up for the love triangle that was stretched over 3 movies, by the third one it became boring.

The next Spider-man project might be the musical, which apparently wasn't last year's April Fool joke:

IESB: Spider-man The Musical Out as Early as 2009

Wired: Spider-Man Musical Might Bite in 2009

They're saying Bono and The Edge have written the music, if that makes you any more likely to click the links.

I'm up for seeing it. I loved the 2nd movie (although it took me more than a few watches to like it, heh) and I hated the 3rd, but I think Raimi can make us appreciate the franchise again if he does kick good ass with a good plot without forcing villains down our throat.

Sad to say this out loud, but , I wish I wish I wish, never to see another Spiderman Movie.

The 3 made me actually ill, I was so disappointed in it.

Well, looks like there will be no Spider Man 4. The franchise will be rebooted with Parker in high school, which means we have to sit through the whole origin story again, even though Raimi did a fantastic job of doing that already.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-movies/20100111/US.Spider.Man.4/?CID=NET_Entmain

Well, looks like there will be no Spider Man 4. The franchise will be rebooted with Parker in high school, which means we have to sit through the whole origin story again, even though Raimi did a fantastic job of doing that already.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-movies/20100111/US.Spider.Man.4/?CID=NET_Entmain

Which is weird because I read somewhere John Malkovich was suspected to play The Vulture if Raimi was to do a fourth.

And I think that's where the conflict lies. Rumor has it, Raimi wanted the Vulture (and Malkovich would be great at that) but the studio wants Black Cat. Battle ensues, Spidey 4 loses.

Not sure if that's such a bad thing given how bad 3 was, but I don't like the idea of the franchise moving backward.

Yeah, but I think one of the main reasons Spidey 3 turned out disappointing was because Raimi caved to studio pressure to include Venom, among other things, and ended up making a confused film which he wasn't really invested in. Given that, I can understand why he might have stood up for himself rather more firmly this time around, which seems to have ended up with him and the studio going their separate ways (rumour has it that he absolutely hated the Spidey 4 script which the studio wanted him to make, and was refusing to give way on the issue).

Ho hum.

I think you are right Mark. I thought that Raimi wanted to casually introduce Venom in the 3rd flick, but not really use him until the 4th. That would have been the smart way to do things because comic movies with two villains, in my opinion, don't really work.

Didn't know James Cameron penned a script for a Spider-Man big budget production in the 90s. Now I do. There are several versions online, at different revision points, so for your enjoyment:

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/spiderman-script-screenplay-james-cameron.html

http://dantom.altervista.org/spider_ing_script.html (with a handwriting style font and illustrated!)

... Nobody think a Spider-man Noir might Work?

Did Rhys Ifans get a new agent or something? It's like the Notting Hill years all over again.

... Nobody think a Spider-man Noir might Work?

No? Maybe as a straight-to-DVD animation or something, but people want to see the Peter Parker they vaguely know and are capable of loving, not some weird What If...? film set in an alternate universe.

I realize they have to differentiate themselves from the previous franchise, but talk about warping a classic.