Sign in to follow this  
Venkman

Spiderman 4

Sorry Lou, but that is the costume used in the movie. Although, I am sure the feet, with those silver bits, are specially made for him to run around while filming.

Also, does it bother anyone else that they are filming a Spider-Man movie in LA?!?!

I think few NY-set movies are actually filmed in NY.

Not least because of the prohibitive price associated with it.

Sometimes they aren't even filmed in cities. When they were making the Matrix Reloaded, it was, apparently, cheaper to build a long stretch of freeway out in the desert, than to hire an actual freeway.

Believe it or not there's a lot of stuff filming here in the Detroit area. State gov offers a lot of tax breaks and things like that.

Believe it or not there's a lot of stuff filming here in the Detroit area. State gov offers a lot of tax breaks and things like that.

Also, quite a bit of available cheap labor, I'd imagine.

True but I don't think it's been the boon to our economy that we expected; crews are mostly being imported.

So, he doesn't have the ability to shoot his own biological webbing? Good!

But why do modern movie versions of classic costumes all have "scales" on them? Spiderman (above). Star Trek, Green Lantern, Thor, and the one guy who always had scales on his costume, Captain America, doesn't anymore.

I thought it was weird that Robocop was set in Detroit but filmed in Dallas.

I don't like the new costume. I hate how the lines, stripes and material are all over the place. And do we really need a Spidey reboot?

But of course, Lou!! The only thing bigger in Hollywood than superheroes is reboots! Don't worry I'm sure someone is working on the Thor & Capt. America reboots as we speak

Yeah I'm tired of seeing "scales" everywhere. I think the costume in the Raimi films did have them a bit, but not very much or very noticable.

The redesign here on this costume is not working at all.

Batman's reboot worked out OK, after Schumacher fucked it so bad it would never walk again. Spider-man sort of followed the same path, and like Batman, blew apart from too many villains in one movie. Sandman, Son of Green Goblin and Venom=Two Face, Riddler, Sugar & Spice, Nicole Kidman and Robin or Bat Girl, Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane and Robin. Either way, once you clusterfuck the plot with too many characters, a reboot is almost a requirement to save the franchise. The Dark Knight is by far the best Batman movie even though douchie Bale is stale as Batman. However, he was better than all the previous Batmen, so there you are. But a reboot is in order when the franchise gets Schumachered out the ass. It's god's law.

I agree with you Slinks, I just feel it's a little too soon.

Well, I was sort of agreeing with you but being silly about it. Last night on Fanboy Radio they talked about the overuse of reboots for every major comic title as the industry struggles. They talked about how SPAWN used to sell a million copies a month--that blew me away!--and now, 40,000 is considered decent. And our Hellblazer only sells around 20,000? Is anyone worried it might get canceled. (Don't mean to derail, but it was sort of close, as far as fans getting tired of reboots, especially when they have more or less the same origin story every time, but with updates like iPods and blackberries now, or a currently popular band t-shirt on.

And our Hellblazer only sells around 20,000?

Heh - you wish. As of #270, sales were actually dipping below 10,000.

Ack! It has to be losing DC so much money! They'll have to start making it 12 pp and using recycled newspaper and charging $6 per issue to break even soon!

But why do modern movie versions of classic costumes all have "scales" on them? Spiderman (above). Star Trek, Green Lantern, Thor, and the one guy who always had scales on his costume, Captain America, doesn't anymore.

It's because movies are shot in high-def and watched on HDTVs. Everything has to have surface detail, apparently.

Gold

Ahthankyou.

Aside form the nifty 1st person perspective, which I'd imagine looks great in Imax, I'm not too fond of it.

The fade to black cutting technique should be banned.

+1

uhhhh, Spidey is all emo.

The good: Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben, seeing Peter's parents and focusing on Peter's first, true (and best IMO) love Gwen Stacey.

The bad: the costume, Spidey played by a Brit, the dark/emo tone, this reboot is unnecessary and Peter's hair

I'm with Lou. This movie really doesn't need to exist.

I'm so sick to death of origin stories. And this one looks to be going EVEN further back.