Sign in to follow this  
Venkman

Spiderman 4

Yeah, last thing I really care to see is another telling of the origin of Spider-Man.

What's with his weird leaping noises now? anyone else pick up on that?

I agree that it's quite superfluous, but, it didn't look too bad, IMHO. The guy playing Parker was charmingly nerdy.

I'm not sure it's possible to go "too emo" with Spider-Man. "Emo" has been a pretty huge part of his schtick since Amazing Fantasy #15.

amazing-fantasy-15-570x346.jpg

EmoSpiderman.jpg

SpiderMan_05.jpg

peterparker.jpg

SpiderMan_NoMore_comicScene.jpg

Amazing20Spider-Man2012220-2020_edi.jpg

spiderman-sad.jpg

Mark has fact in his stuff, no question. And a degree of sulking is par for the course.

But can't we have a wise-cracking Spider-Man at the same time?

Yeah, as a kid growng up Spidey was always wise-crackin' in the books I read so mopey Spider-Man doens't really appeal to me.

I really had no idea he was such a sad sack.

Oh, he cracks plenty wise as well. But posting pictures of him doing that would have rather undermined my point. :wink:

I guess I was into comics purely for the escapisim when i were a lad, because emo spidy always made me want to shout at him "You clown, you are super strong and can climb buildings, harden the fuck up, man".

In Marks brilliant emo montage, is the god he is diss'ing Anansi?.

I always thought PP cried too much anyway (responding to emo Spider-man).

That actually doesn't look terrible. Seems like they are mixing a bit of Ultimate Spider-man with his MU counterpart. Garfield does decent at one-liners. Either way, I'm very glad to see Gwen Stacey (PP's one & only true love, imo) and her father in a Spider-Man movie

wow, I thought it looked awful/ Is that Dennis Leary play Jameson? Wow.

I'm really looking forward to this! I can't put my finger on why, either. From the trailer, especially, the second one, Andrew Garfield makes me think he'll do fine in the role of Parker. I was never really a fan of Tobey Maguire to be honest.

That trailer looks awesome (even though the weight of a 2 ton vehicle would have snapped the bumper off instantaneously). I do have a little hope for this flick now.

Well, if you put a chain on a bumper and lift slowly, you can lift a car and be pretty sure it won't fall off, Lou. Something we have done before in the scrapyard. But you couldn't snatch it out of the air with a chain, that is for sure. If you let it drop only a foot or so, it would keep going without a bumper. Maybe Web is stretchy, and absorbed the lift force smoothly?.

The kids shirt would certainly have wrapped up around his throat and snapped his neck of course.

I thought American for Bumper was Fender?.