Sign in to follow this  
Venkman

Spiderman 4

Bumper, fender, both are the same to me.

Haha, dude gets bit by a radioactive spider, gets powers, yet we're debating weather or not a car could snap the bumper off in that way hahahaha. :laugh:

That was an awesome scene though. Would liked to have seen it fresh. Going into media black out for TDKR and ASM.

I can't understand why they are doint the origin story AGAIN.

Didn't we do this twice already?.

I seem to remember that also.

I didn't much like Spider Man back then.

I remember the Spider Man cartoon was on before some other cartoon I liked to watch, so I'd impatiently watch the end of the Spider Man cartoon waiting for the cartoon I wanted to watch.

My, how things change.

Here's Spider Man from the Electric Company magazine also:

http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/title/electric_co_mag.html

We went to the midnight showing last night. Now I'm so damn tired at work.

The Amazing Spider-Man is a fun comic-book movie. If you want a great film, wait for The Dark Knight Rises (hopefully)

Garfield is a far better Spider-Man than Tobey. Garfield nails Parker and Spider-Man pefectly, especially when it comes to wise cracking. It's great to see Gwen Stacey on screen, she's such a better on screen romance than MJ, not to mention having a far better actress in Emma Stone. All of the actors did a great job.

The script is weak part of the movie. The pacing is...uneven; moving too fast in some places and too slow in others. Webb does fairly well at hitting moments of emotion/drama, but he's not as strong at telling a story.

The effects are very cool, especially seeing Spidey move like a spider in his fighting.

It's a bit boring to see Spidey's origin AGAIN! But there's just enough new stuff, by way of the Ultimate-verse, to make it interesting.

Yes, there is a mid-credits scene, that I'm sure is meant to set up a sequel.

As much as I hate the suit and don't want to sit through the origin again, this does look good (the action scenes anyways) and I am quite excited to see it this weekend.

The suit looks just close enough that I was ok with it. Besides I'm hoping the sequel will have him tweaking it a bit, so as to resemble the classic look.

The fight scenes are fantastically done. This is how you'd imagine a guy with spider powers would fight.

My problem with the suit is that it is just all over the place, but given how sweet this looks I can move past it.

Stan Lee's cameo in this one is hilarious

On a slightly related note, the trailers were mostly good. The crowd (and my group) liked The Dark Knight Rises trailer, The Wreck It Ralph trailer and jeered/laughed derisively at Twilight.

There was general indifference to Total Recall and Skyfall. Though Skyfall looked awesome to me.

CGI Spidey look real or like CGI Spidey? That was my biggest complaint from the previous 3 films--Spider-Man always looked CGI. They improved it from 1 to 3, but not enough that it ever looked real. CGI humans are only done realistically by WETA, I guess.

So what is it you don't like about the costume?

the-amazing-spider-man-01.jpg

For me, the leg stripes--like a football uniform--are annoying as fuck. The spidey codpiece/man package is a bit too much. (Does Garfield have the Super big dick problem Superman had?). But from the waste up, it looks OK. Waste down, it's like what the fuck?

the-amazing-spider-man-lizard-still-3.jpg

Peek-a-boo!

There's no noticeable Spider dick. There was CGI Spidey, I'm sure, but they did a good blending real stunt work, Garfield and CGI. I don't recall any scenes that stuck out in a bad way, like the previous three. With those the CGI Spidey moved too stiffly, less believably. In this, all that is gone.

The suit does look far better on on film than stills. Also, most of the Spidey scenes were at night, which was intentional I'm sure, so it helped.

Actually, the movie can be summed up by way of the costume. If you look too close at the details or at any single aspect, it doesn't hold up very well. But take the whole thing together and it does it's job.

Yeah, I mean, my whole problem with the suit is the lines. They're vertical, they're horizontal, the stop criss crossing in the middle of the abdomen for no reason. The gloves have red fingers, they have blue fingers, and it's all swirly and dumb. The lines are horizontal on the boots, now they're vertical and they don,t mesh at all. There's a fancy racing stripe down the side of the leg. I can go on.

That said, I am very much looking forward to this movie.

There's no noticeable Spider dick. I don't recall any scenes that stuck out in a bad way, like the previous three. With those the CGI Spidey moved too stiffly, If you look too close at the details or at any single aspect, it doesn't hold up very well. But take the whole thing together and it does it's job.

lol. You feeding JasonT lines too?.

Five full trailers Shawn, seriously?. That is half an hour tacked on to the film, yeah?.

I don't think we usually have more than three, tops, I will have to count next time I see a flick.

Which will not be "Watch Spiderman proto-angst for the second time"

Actually there were more trailer than that. There was one called End of Watch, a cop drama starring Jake Gyllenhal, by the guy that did Training Day. A trailer for The Bourne Legacy. A trailer for...maybe one or two others.

I saw a review online that makes a good point, The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't really offer anything new, but it is improved.

There's no noticeable Spider dick. I don't recall any scenes that stuck out in a bad way, like the previous three. With those the CGI Spidey moved too stiffly, If you look too close at the details or at any single aspect, it doesn't hold up very well. But take the whole thing together and it does it's job.

lol. You feeding JasonT lines too?.

Thankfully, lines are all I will feed Jason! :blink:

BWAHAHAHA. Avaunt, I'm laughing so hard I've tears rolling down my cheeks.

Would now be a bad time to mention that Spidey does attack someone with his crotch? He even yells out "CROTCH!"

Yes, 7 or 8 is rather normal.

Wait....you asked about trailers....

Mate, be careful, he is dinky-di Aussie you know. You can think you are safe, but they don't need a lot of encouragement, which is great if you are feeling bored, but you will end up having to take your girlfriend dancing every weekend just to keep up.