Sign in to follow this  
Venkman

Spiderman 4

Please give Spidey back to Marvel. Please.

Only if Feige files a restraining order against Joe Quesada. I don't want him speaking about any MCU Spidey project knowing he done just enough harm to the character (Hello, One More Day, you bastard!) than equal to Sony's follies in the last seven years

It turns out, in the wake of the Sony e-mail hackings, there really were talks about Spidey joining the MCU with Sony cooperation (particularly Capt. America: Civil War and a new Spidey trilogy) but Arad and Sony Pictures Pres. Amy Pascal balked as they wanted creative control and the talks stopped dead cold. I swear, that Pascal will be the death of Sony if they keep her on.

their security issues will kill them before pascal will ever have a chance to.

Before or after she makes another decision like accepting that MIB/21 JumpStreet crossover movie pitch?

SPIDEY'S HOME!!!

Cliff notes:

With Pascal's removal, the deal commenced and Avi Arad has no control

Garfield not returning

Marvel's Spider-Man is pencilled in for a 2017 film release date which pushes Black Panther and Thor back a bit

• Upvote 1

Also rumored that he will be in one MCU flick before his solo flick (rumored to be Cap III: Civil War)

Also rumored that he will be in one MCU flick before his solo flick (rumored to be Cap III: Civil War)

As a cameo. The fucking film's crowded as is!

I thought he had a pretty integral part in that story? I don't recall. But yeah. not really sold on Cap III being Civil War. That could almost be it's own film, just so much going on there.

spidermans only important role, was him taking off the mask. but that one was a milestone.

and the birth of the most horrible 7 years of the comic that would follow from it (I.E. One More Day and now)

How can spiderman appeal to millenials?

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

• Upvote 1

How can spiderman appeal to millenials?

Even if you've already encountered that bullshit "rando" email, it's worth reading the AV Club's article about it (in Vagabond's link). Sean O'Neal nailed it. :hattip: