Sign in to follow this  
Bilirubin

Bili's stream of consciousness

#36 The Undiscovered Country

Is this the beginning of the basis for the multi-Constantine through time conceit?

Think that starts with the Annual (1989) and Books of Magic (1990).

Reading this thread and some of the responses to your comments, it occurs to me we have the opposite of a Hivemind, where everyone claims to have very different views to everyone else but in fact we're not that far apart.

#36 The Undiscovered Country

Is this the beginning of the basis for the multi-Constantine through time conceit?

Think that starts with the Annual (1989) and Books of Magic (1990).

Reading this thread and some of the responses to your comments, it occurs to me we have the opposite of a Hivemind, where everyone claims to have very different views to everyone else but in fact we're not that far apart.

Ah, wasn't sure how the Annual fit into this. Can't recall ever having read Books of Magic either.

I think our positions get overstated partially for the drama, partially because the Internet is so VERY. DAMNED. IMPORTANT. ;)

Just finished Dangerous Habits. It has its own thread, so I will not prattle on about it. I will say that it has improved on me from its first reading. I remember thinking early in that, whereas Delano uses internal dialog and text boxes to propel the story, Ennis uses outward dialog and just about the same amount of text. I find his John just a bit lacking in some of the myriad facets of Delano, but his humanity seems at the forefront more. And I also recall thinking that he writes characters very well, until I realized a few more issues in that its a reprisal of the same character over and over and over again. And the iconography has taken a decided turn for the catholic.

I do love Ellie. This would be her first appearance wouldn't it?

We all want to be rugged individualists....but just like Right libertarians, we find out that we all conform to certain ways of group thinking, since we are social animals and tend to think in terms of the "tribe" or "community", and realize that all ideas have historical context or were bound to be shared with other individuals, and thus negate our whole ideology. Well, except we don't play ourselves up as elitists just because we don't want to pay any taxes because we're really just mass conformists to Capitalist society....

I forgot that Ellie was even in Dangerous Habits. If she was, then yes, it was her first appearance because Ennis created her.

Count me in among those who like "New tricks". It's not a great story, but I enjoyed it.

... "New tricks". It's not a great story, but I enjoyed it.

Exactly my position. I'd also add "cute concept" and "great Steve Pugh art".