JohnMcMahon

The Matt In San Diego Thread

The eagle has landed, 14 hours of flights 8 hours of jet lag and I kept forgetting which side of the road i'm meant to be driving on, pictures to follow sleep now.

Long flight, but it's easier from west to east, lag-wise.

If you see anyone cosplaying as Spider Jerusalem, punch them for me.

As Mister Red said, more please, Matt.

Weather lends the place a look of Blackpool, on the one hand I'd like it to brighten up for you but on the other you might appreciate the lack of sun when you're swanning around the con itself.

What's the hotel you're in like ?

The hotel is slightly cleaner than the one in 'My Name is Earl' if that's any help, lets just say it no Bristol Ramada Plaza although there is a pool and a hot tub, I'm just about to add some pics from my jaunt to Mission Beach this afternoon, the clouds cleared up nicely so this should make you rainy sorts proper jealous.

The last time I was in the States was 10 years ago I'm lucky that I guess i missed it at the hight of the 9/11 hysteria because its was not too bad getting in here, maybe people in SoCal are just a bit more laid back. Some things I have noticed and not liked are there is more sugar in my beverages of choice over here Lipton Ice Tea with Lemon is nigh on undrinkable because of all the high fructose corn syrup in it, for a nation that loves cars you fuckers can't drive for toffee and I'm amazed that there is no such thing as squash here (I mean the drink not the vegetable).

Good thing is there are a billion $ to the £ so everything is practically free.

It's longer to leave than to get in.

They drive great in San Diego.

And FUCK YOU about the exchange rate.

You're going to have great weather the whole time by the way. San Diego is like that.

and FUCK YOU about the exchange rate.

It's not my fault USD is now following the Zimbabwean Dollar.

and another thing, it's impossible to cross the street, the signals take forever to change, and i don't want to walk against the signal as I'm petrified of getting arrested for jaywalking.

Other than that it is the best country on Earth.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4915...mp;id=690108759

They drive great in San Diego.

Seriously I'm loving it here but I just remembered that last night I witnessed my first ever head-on collision, a minivan in front of me barrelled through a red light and straight into the front of another car most but of the bad driving I've been privy too though has been my own, I've driven on the wrong side of the road a few too many times for comfort the last two days luckily the roads are big and quiet.

Very Cool photos Matt, thanks for linking them. The sea doesn't look polluted in the least which surprises me.

Hope the weather does you well on your trip, for what hopes are worth. Nice looking yachts in that bay, clean sky, flat calm . . . . very very nice for you I am jealous! ( 5 degrees C today here )

(And just fyi, and we we shouldn't be judgemental I know, but . . . . New Zealand is actually the best country on earth)

:tongue:

Ok Matt, here's your first task, confirm that Rich is talking about Hitman.....

I understand that at San Diego there will be an official announcement of a new animated TV series based on an existing Garth Ennis comic.

You won't believe which one.

Woke up at 5:15am, sat about till 8:30 spent $80 in Radio Shack buying parts for the failed fan in my laptop, then went to the Zoo:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4935...mp;id=690108759

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4936...mp;id=690108759

and youtube:

got given the finger by some guy in a van my way home, I now feel like I'm part of the American dream.

If anyone wants an American soldering iron i have one going spare.

Ok Matt, here's your first task, confirm that Rich is talking about Hitman.....

I understand that at San Diego there will be an official announcement of a new animated TV series based on an existing Garth Ennis comic.

You won't believe which one.

IT's my vaction your making it too much like work, is Gafr here then? which panel?

Fuck him, Matt, you enjoy yourself rather than feeding the nerds.

Don't forget to kill Jason Aaron or at least openly scoff at him before saying how ace Scalped is.

And anyway, it's Wormwood obviously.

Hope it is Hitman, that would be the awesome news, though pitiful distant tiny New Zealand would never see it.

:(

Matt, the Monkeys on photos 2 and 3 are "Black and White Colobus" and I am pretty sure the ones on page 4 and 5 are the closely related "Red Colobus". They don't got thumbs!. We have a breeding population of both here in Auckland Zoo.

Intersting photos mate, amzing to think, you see them one day, and your friends scattered throu the world see them the next . . . makes me feel old.

Hope it is Hitman, that would be the awesome news, though pitiful distant tiny New Zealand would never see it.

New Zealand gets the "internets", right?

The San Diego zoo is awesome, I went there when I was 10.

While you're in SoCal, get some good Chinese and Thai food.

I'm guessing that it will be the one where the Superman-analogue's cumshot shoots downa plain.

EDIT: Fuck, that's the worst possible attempt at pretending I don't remember the name of the book to be The Pro.