JohnMcMahon

The Matt In San Diego Thread

I suppose it depends on what you're in the mood for, I really wouldn't like to be drinking too much ale in this climate so stuff like Sol and Corona is fine.

James' nemesis

n690108759_1160906_9392.jpg

I'm getting that whole end of holiday depression and I've still got 5 days to go, better make the most of them, expect pics of the San Diego Padres vs Arizona game I'm off to tomorrow.

Good,

if it makes you feel any worse you know you could've come for the cost of an air ticket.

I'm getting far to comfortable here, it's going to be a big wrench getting on that plane on Saturday morning, wish i had more money then i might never come back.

One quality alike all pleasures have

They drive their devotees like goads

Then like a swarm of bees apon the wing

They first pour out their honey'ed loads

Then turn and strike their victims hearts

And leave behind their deep-set sting.

:)

You have had an excellent time already, and got 5 more days of it. Do not despair!.

It has been really good fun looking over your shoulder Matt, thank you for doing it for us with the piccies and the rundown.

Now comicon is over I can get back to doing stuff that is acceptable to normal people, today was a fun day, I went up to Point Loma national park which just out on a peninsula of land to the west of San Diego. Then I walked along the beach in the opposite direction from what i did last week, then after dinner in a Thai restaurant I caught the San Diego Padres play the Arizona Diamond Backs.

My first baseball game and my first actual sporting event inside any type of arena, the atmosphere was great and the game was exciting, it got off to a slow start and then the Padres got an lead about a quaterway through, Arizona never managed to catch them. I knew most of the rules thanks to watching such films as 'Field of Dreams', 'Major League' and 'Angels in the Outfield' but I did learn that the 7th innin stretch is actually a point where everyone stands up stretches and sings 'take me out to the ball game', I didn't join in because I don't know all the words, saw two home runs which was pretty cool but didn't catch a fly ball which I am inconsolable about.

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...mp;id=690108759

Matt, for some reason your face book links now require me to log in. What can I do about this do you think?.

Looks like facebook changed it so you can't see the photos unless you have a FB account, that's a bit inconvenient.

:ohmy:

That fountain-without-a-fountain thing you write "What is its purpose" about looks like something from the Alhambra.

's cool to find strange shit like that when in a new town, could be ANYTHING eh?.

As my holiday of a lifetime draws to a close I can't help but feel depressed, Southern California and San Diego is an amazing place and I'm incredibly jealous of the people who live here year round. I can only try as hard as I can to use my career as an excuse to one day move out here, I'm determined that this will not be my last visit here or my last San Diego Comicon (even is they do move it to Las Vegas in 2013).

Had a great time and a lot of great memories most of which I've managed to capture and post online, I regret a few things but in the grand scale of things they are unimportant and i guess I can look forward to my stop off in New York tomorrow afternoon, I don't get to leave JFK but I'll endeavour to buy some touristy crap.

Thanks for looking at my shitty photos everyone.

Wow, I've been to SoCal 4 times, and liked my week in London more than anything except Eretz Yisrael.

Congrats man.

It's done nothing but rain in London for the past two years, I'm getting close to having enough rain to last a lifetime.

This is how bad it's got, I actually contemplate brining an umbrella on holiday with me because it was impossible for me to contemplate a situation where rain wasn't a 60% probability,

I really like rain, we only get it 4 times a month in Boston.

It reminds me of film noir.

Heh. Life imitates art?

I really like rain, we only get it 4 times a month in Boston.

It reminds me of film noir.

You'd fucking love it in Tooting right now then cause it pissing down, San Diego seems like a magical dream that ended too soon, fuck it, I'm going to put my fedora and rain mac on and go to the local piano bar and try to drown my sorrows.

You had BETTER not order a double of whiskey, light up a cigarette, look around, slam down the whiskey, leave, and stare at the torch singer as you do.

Can't smoke in bars in the UK anymore but I'll do the rest, I'll be sure to down the whiskey in one before slamming it down though.

Last lot of photos on this subject

and here's an attempt at some HDR, my small digital camera really isn't suited to this as it compresses a bit too much and you can't shoot in raw format with it but i think it looks kinda cool, plus the air was full of crap so it did really look that misty:

2731508766_fa2b128b96_b.jpg

Just watched anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgendy which is set in San Diego, there's a few shots of downtown in the movie and I spotted places I had been, man it's depressing.