JohnMcMahon

#249 solicitation

Fair enough — that was an eye opener. I s'pose his Iron Man is not inappropriate to War Machine too: :smile:

ironman4-cover.jpg

Didn't know Werewolf by Night made it to 9 issues either.

Oh that's good news about Leo - Im all for him being principal artist and then getting guest artists (Sean Murphy & fellah from Mortification of the flesh) in, as and when!

Until the scar it was kind of hard to draw him wrong - blond chap in a trench coat.

Andy will be writing Thunderbolts next.

Chainsmoking, middle-aged blond chap in a trench coat, though. Fill in artists haven't been great about that.

Andy's good at action, I'll probably check Thunderbolts out.

According to Karen Berger, speaking at SDCC, Leo's staying on Hellblazer say 'Yay!'

The forum has a tendency to complain when Leo's Hellblazer art looks rushed, so the news that he's doing an additional book might not be a cause for "yay". :smile:

Until the scar it was kind of hard to draw him wrong - blond chap in a trench coat.

Andy will be writing Thunderbolts next.

Really? Interesting.

At least Marvel is following up on Ellis with another top-name writing talent.

I'll check out Andy's Thunderbolts.

That Manco Deathlok stuff looks all kinds of aces.

That was that Joe Casey written series from the late-90s, I believe.

It didn't get good reviews, but it was part of some machinery related launch by Marvel, and it was considered by far the best out of that bunch.I didn't read any of those books though.

Nine quality issues too.

So... how do you get issues 7-9? I can only find reference to a 6 issue series online, yet The Artist's Choice is selling artwork from issues 7-9.

Nine quality issues too.

So... how do you get issues 7-9? I can only find reference to a 6 issue series online, yet The Artist's Choice is selling artwork from issues 7-9.

John's math seems to be off, as there were only 8 issues, but then, only technically, as it needs an explanation.

The actual Werewolf by Night comic was only 6 issues.

The Strange Tales line considered of Werewolf by Night and Man Thing (by J.M. DeMatteis). Both of them sold horribly, even though they were both good books. So, Marvel decided to combine them into one giant-sized book (two stories per issue) called "Strange Tales". The sales sunk even further, so this only lasted for two issues, before the whole thing was canceled.

So, the final two stories of Werewolf by Night are in Strange Tales #1 & 2, along with the final two Man Thing stories.

Here's what you are looking for:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=95001

Thanks for that. The artwork for sale does go up to issue 9 though. Perhaps "issue 7" and "issue 8" were used in Strange Tales 1 & 2, and issue 9 was never published. I guess I'll have to get ahold of Strange Tales and compare the artwork to be sure.

Technically Andy now finishes in November, I guess!

I've only just read the solicits for this final 'Roots of Coincidence' storyline and it looks and sounds great. And those covers. Cor!

Sad Andy's leaving - glad he looks like he's going with a bang!

I dunno.

I mean Andy's set a lot up and he's a good writer, but his strengths in Hellblazer have been with characterization and one and two part stories. His longer ones have dragged a lot.

I'm looking forward to it though, he's had a good run, it should have a good end.

Yeah, when he was on it was the best Hellblazer's been in ages - like the panel I just posted, that whole scene was great Constantine fare, the first proper humour we'd had in far too long too.

I could go a few years without an over-arc now, with a bit of luck Simon will be keeping things short and to the point, if he plans to stay away from any mention of previous eras too then I certainly won't be complaining.

Wouldn't surprise me if Thunderbolts leads to bigger and better things for Mister Diggle, looks like the kind of thing he'll shine on.

It's oft discussed around here but I'd like to see Hellblazer become a Legends Of The Constantine type title for a little while, short runs by writers who've a short story or two they'd like to tell with Constantine.

Oh and if we could have Delano handling the issue between Andy's last and Olivers first, well that'd be splendid.

I kinda like that the run was short myself.

Delano's run was only what, 36 issues with fill ins?

Carey's long arc got boring, and would you rather have 14 issues of Azz or 3 years?

In short, I agreed with Member no: 1.