Sign in to follow this  
Atticus

Batman under arrest

Christian Bale arrested after claims he assaulted his sister and his mother.

This is just weird, I heard rumblings about it earlier but thought it was just usual exaggeration in search of some column inches.

Well, I feel gutted!

Shit, it's a shame when they turn out to be arseholes.

I had spent a couple of days now alternating between diffrential equations and wondering if Bale would like me, you know, as a friend, or slightly more...

It is a little premature to be calling anyone an ass-hole.

Ha! You said ass!

Where's your four letter word for buttocks now, Englander?

I don't know, hopefully I was wrong to call him that. I find the odds of it being a crock unlikely.

Considering the source...

The arrest follows an allegation of assault by his mother and sister, the tabloid Sun newspaper said.

...I place zero credence in this report. He may indeed be a violent arsehole. But I'm not going to believe it on the strength of what the fucking SUN writes.

And saying something is not credible BECAUSE it is in The Sun is very unreliable.

It was probably Christian Bale who kidnapped Maddy.

But seriously folks, I hear his mom was upset because he would not let her go to the premiere, because Bruce Wayne's parents are dead.

I wouldnt get worked up over this yet. Latest reports are that he was just brought in for questioning over an alleged assault and he was not charged with anything and was let go the same night. Given the nature of the jackals that hype all this stuff up for juicy headlines, I'd wait till some time passes before I make any conclusions about this.

Not that it means shit even if it's true. He's still a brilliant actor and it's still a great movie. I'm betting a large chunk of showbiz people are not very nice.

And saying something is not credible BECAUSE it is in The Sun is very unreliable.

Fair enough. I just never trust anything from the Sun if it's not confirmed elsewhere.

It was probably Christian Bale who kidnapped Maddy.

:laugh:

Point of British Law - "Assault" refers solely to the threat of physical violence - a combination of angry words, threatening gestures, any combination of actions which might cause legitimate apprehension/fear of physical assault on the part of the victim. Unless the charge is "assault and battery", he's not being accused of actually hitting anyone, just threatening to do so.

That's if it's true at all. He was definitely in custody of some sort (although not arrested), and since released - statements issued by his publicist and everything - but beyond that, the few minutes' research I just did don't seem to reveal any actual facts beyond that. We'll see.

There are two groups of people who should be allowed to hit whoever they want:

1) Astronauts.

2) Rock stars.

What was the Sun headline?

"Boneheaded Batman Boffs Both Matriarch Mrs. and Scared Sister, Brought to Brixton" or something of the like?

But seriously folks, I hear his mom was upset because he would not let her go to the premiere, because Bruce Wayne's parents are dead.

:laugh:

Ha! You said ass!

Where's your four letter word for buttocks now, Englander?

Holy ass, Batman! Maybe it was a reference to issue 1 of Chas. Watch, Ade'll say "peckerwood" next.

1) Astronauts.

2) Rock stars.

So Bowie should be allowed to hit whoever he wants twice.

No physical violence? So presumably there weren't any balloons saying "Pow!" appearing when he belted her...

You vultures.

(favourite quote from his mum btw: 'this is a family matter. The Police are handling it now'.)

...sigh...

1) Astronauts.

2) Rock stars.

So Bowie should be allowed to hit whoever he wants twice.

Not true.

Because he is not a real Astronaut, but he is an actor playing one.

Actors should have any hitting privileges they have removed, except for method actors who "cannot get out of character" - they should be hit whenever possible.

favourite quote from his mum btw: 'this is a family matter. The Police are handling it now'.

Aye, if it's that much of a family matter, why go to the old bill?

And while I think it's a bit shit of Mr Bale to (allegedly) "assault" his mother & sister (ie not assault and battery), what sort of mother actually reports her son to the police for it? Unless, as reported, it's the result of a long running family feud.

"Use your good Welsh accent you should, bach, mm? For you not good enough is it, eh? Fancy LA ways, you have!"*

1) Astronauts.

2) Rock stars.

Does that Venn diagram actually form a subset anywhere in the world?

That little yank twat from the boyband doesn't count on the grounds that 1) he's not a rock star and 2) I don't think he ever made it in to space, did he?

* sorry, my welsh imitation always goes one of two ways - either Indian or into Yoda-speak. That one went Yoda.

Some guy I know is trying to convince me it's.... early viral marketing for Shadow of the Bat, or Gotham or whatever is going to be called.

...sigh...