Balthazar

What's Your Image?

Well, I'd buy Invincible if money was better! It is a great book, though. Lovely art. But I'd like to start at the beginning. I'm lost in a lot of stuff. But i will be around for the crossover! How can I pass that up?!

As for Spawn, I really couldn't get into this issue. I saw over at the Spawn forum people are enjoying it, but I just can't get into it at all. The whole "15 minutes of a movie" thing I feel is a crappy excuse for the slow pacing. I'm just not interested. Last issue I was into, but overall it's just not doing much for me anymore. I guess I'm sticking with the book for awhile because it used to be my number one favorite for years. I loved it even more with Hine's writing, but the writing for the past 3 issues in my opinion don't compare to Hine's stuff on the book, notably the Three Brother's arc. And I'm still a bit bitter of Al's death.

But on that note, I picked up Spawn: Book of the Dead that chronicles the first 100 issues of Spawn, including some nice stuff on past Spawn stuff. That was a really great read with awesome Ashley Wood art.

I'm going to want to check out American Flagg sometime. I love Chaykin's art.

X-Men's Yost speaks of his "Killer of Demon" book coming out for Image!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120823-Yost-Demons.html

A lot of people hold it to be the best thing he's ever done.

I'm going to want to check out American Flagg sometime. I love Chaykin's art.

X-Men's Yost speaks of his "Killer of Demon" book coming out for Image!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/120823-Yost-Demons.html

A lot of people hold it to be the best thing he's ever done.

I am very excited about this book. And it comes out the same month as my birthday. How thoughtful of them.

Shaun of the Dead + The Office + They Live = AWESOME!

That is kick ass

However, I will see that and raise you this:

Allred is a god!

John Layman on Debuting 'Chew'

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/020927-Layman-Chew.html

John Layman: Chew is the police procedural starring Tony Chu, a federal agent who gets psychic impressions from the things he eats. He’s Cibopathic, which means he can eat an apple, and tell you what tree it was harvested from and what pesticides were used on it. Or eat a hamburger, and feel what the cow felt when it was slaughtered. Or... he can chew on a murder victim, and see the victim’s last moment, and the murderer, and so on.

The story is set in the very near future, three years after a bird flu epidemic killed 16 million people around the globe. In American, the F.D.A. is now the most powerful law enforcement agency in the world, sorta like Dept. of Homeland Security after 9/11, and the federal government has instituted a Poultry Prohibition to ensure there are no more outbreaks of the avian flu. Tony Chu has been brought on to the Special Crimes Unit of the F.D.A., where his special talents are put to good use.

Chew-1-Cover.jpg

Did those American Flagg reprints actually appear this time?

Right. It's just the last time Image solicited them, they didn't, and I've not seen any trace of the copies I ordered yet. Maybe somebody's dragging their feet.

Check it, Shawn!!!!

PROOF of Samuel L. Jackson

Comics2Film has learned that plans are afoot (pun intended) to convert the fine Image Comics title 'Proof' into an animated film or TV series. Most interesting is that Samuel L. Jackson is flirting with the lead role, as the voice of the titular Sasquatch character.

The comic, created by writer Alex Grecian and artist Riley Rossmo and published by Image, tells of John "Proof" Prufrock the lead investigator for a secret organization that specializes in tracking and capturing cryptids and other strange creatures. Proof is a very refined and well-educated gent who also happens to be the only known living specimen of a Bigfoot.

Animation scribe Evan Gore is currently writing the script. Gore's work has been seen on numerous cartoons, including 'George of the Jungle', 'Jimmy Neutron' and 'Futurama'.

http://www.mania.com/proof-samuel-l-jackso...cle_115319.html

Cool!

The Sword was mighty fucked up this most recent issue (#17).

Check it, Shawn!!!!

PROOF of Samuel L. Jackson

Comics2Film has learned that plans are afoot (pun intended) to convert the fine Image Comics title 'Proof' into an animated film or TV series. Most interesting is that Samuel L. Jackson is flirting with the lead role, as the voice of the titular Sasquatch character.

The comic, created by writer Alex Grecian and artist Riley Rossmo and published by Image, tells of John "Proof" Prufrock the lead investigator for a secret organization that specializes in tracking and capturing cryptids and other strange creatures. Proof is a very refined and well-educated gent who also happens to be the only known living specimen of a Bigfoot.

Animation scribe Evan Gore is currently writing the script. Gore's work has been seen on numerous cartoons, including 'George of the Jungle', 'Jimmy Neutron' and 'Futurama'.

http://www.mania.com/proof-samuel-l-jackso...cle_115319.html

oooooooooooo :boogie:

Never thought of Jackson for Proof. It's a good pick. In my head Proof has a slight British accent. I would also hope the series would aimed a slightly more adult audience.

Proof, eh?

Is it serious? Similar to Hellboy?

Or, is it a comedy?

Is it horror? Similar to X-Files?

Does it have The Greys in it?

You might very easily win me over to this book (cryptids!), and then I'll have two Image books to buy (along with Godland).

Christian, I have to say it's all of the above. :ohmy:

But thus far, no Greys. But it does have a Dover Demon.

Well, that sounds like the most awesome comic ever conceived.

I'm going to put in an order for the first Trade (Goatsucker....YES!) this week at my comic shop.

I think I do vaguely remember hearing about this comic but I took it to be a comedy making fun of cryptozoologists and such and that wasn't anything that would interest me.

I can't believe there's been an X-Files-like comic all about cryptids and I'm not reading it yet!

Well, that sounds like the most awesome comic ever conceived.

I'm going to put in an order for the first Trade (Goatsucker....YES!) this week at my comic shop.

I think I do vaguely remember hearing about this comic but I took it to be a comedy making fun of cryptozoologists and such and that wasn't anything that would interest me.

I can't believe there's been an X-Files-like comic all about cryptids and I'm not reading it yet!

Yeah, where've you been?! I even wrote a review on most of the series!

http://www.theouthousers.com/content/view/3090/163/

Also, first issue's up, free.

http://www.imagecomics.com/onlinecomics.php?start=20