virginiatiger

haunted tank #1

When looking at the vertigo website I saw this. When talking to my dad about comics when I first got into hellblazer this past couple of months, he mentioed that the original was one he had read as a boy and I'm kinda excited for bringing it back, and I think 've found his xmas present, I got him the phantom eagle issue written by Garth Ennis from earlier this year and he seemed to like that, so was thinking of getting him the Haunted Tank #1 when it comes out in december, any thoughts

Virginiatiger

I'm not sure who's writing it or what it's about, so I'm not sure what to tell you.

I don't know how much money you have, but there's a TPB called Showcase Presents: Haunted Tank that reprints those early Haunted Tank stories, probably the ones your dad was reading, and it's a great bargain at $15.99 for 500 pages worth of reprints (it's in black and white though). If you can afford that, and if your dad doesn't have it, it would probably make a really good present.

Good shout Christian, better off saving up and getting him the collection of the original series I reckon.

I'd be a little worried with it being a Vertigo remake and all, never know what it'll be like - that the soldier's a black chap and the ghost a confederate does seem terribly obvious in a very Vertigo way....

10776_400x600.jpg

I got him the phantom eagle issue written by Garth Ennis from earlier this year

Hello, what's this?

Thanks, wether he'd like it or not... but since basically I'm known for A) not getting gifts B) what gifts I do have are kinda stupid, well then it should be good. More like the fact that I got him anything at all ;)

It's always the thought that counts - plus you can say you employed an entire forum full of nerds to find the perfect gift. Nothing says how much you care like employing the services of internet nerds!