Sign in to follow this  
A. Heathen

Hellblazer 51

Thanks for the link, Ade, that was well worth a read. It rankles to think that some of the best discussion of Hellblazer takes place outside of this forum — I tend to assume this is the first place people go for Hellblazer on the net.

reading the comments, I then got the title...and sat here giggling a bit cos earlier in the week looked at some of Harry Enfield the scouser sketches on youtube-- anyone know of a way to get them onto an ipod by chance?

Virginiatiger

ha! that's the one i just described in the worst thread! it seemed like an homage to the 80s, god it was so bad. i read that article, and more than #51 being so good as to earn the lofty praise shoveled all over it, i just think that fella loves him some of his own writing. that guy probably writes a poem every time he jacks off, too!

One of my favourite issues.

Stuck out like a thumb in amongst Ennis' rubbish.

That whole thing about "The Tonguemen" and "The Lapsed Martyrs" is the kind of thing Moore, Gaiman and Morrison used to do so well. Hinting at the bigger picture.

Man, I really fucking wish John Smith had taken over from Jamie Delano and not Garf.

is it a british thing? i'm already content with the fact that i'm not brilliant but you guys do seem to enjoy plots that involve sitting around and listening to old ladies. it's not a criticism, well, not intentionally.

Stuck out like a thumb in amongst Ennis' rubbish...Man, I really fucking wish John Smith had taken over from Jamie Delano and not Garf.

I also really wish this thing.