A. Heathen

Open Letter to Warners & co

Nah, neither of them is "Warners".

One is a disgruntled ex-employee,

the other has a celestophilial complex for them.

(Hopefully the former will be back soon, but I am content to read Martyrbore's posts over at imdb - where our old friend stanscud has taken over your place in M's affections.)

Nah, neither of them is "Warners".

One is a disgruntled ex-employee,

the other has a celestophilial complex for them.

(Hopefully the former will be back soon, but I am content to read Martyrbore's posts over at imdb - where our old friend stanscud has taken over your place in M's affections.)

Am I the former or Martybore? I get confused. ' But I am not disgruntled. I can't afford to be. Gotta find a copy of All His Engines today...

Joining us on the side of IRKDOM against certain script liberties = disgruntled in my book.

That other one just grunts.

;-)

yeah, i think we need to make a dick thread, and leave this one to serve as the WB/HB liason...

I think you'll enjoy it Tears - John's a lot more proactive here, he even gets an action scene or two.

I know Shia LaBeouf wouldn't have minded this being the shooting script.

Am I the former or Martybore?  I get confused. ' But I am not disgruntled.  I can't afford to be.  Gotta find a copy of All His Engines today...

I would be very interested in hearing your opinion on All His Engines.

Carey even does a "This is John Constantine" bit that would've worked so much better than that scene in the flick - he laces it with real humour and turns it into a genuine Hellblazer moment, almost up there with the infamous flipping-the-bird.

"You forget yourself. I am no upstart demon, scrabbling in the dirt of the human soul. I am Mictlantechuhtli. I am a God"

"Great stuff. I'm John -- and I'm a bastard".

Movie Constantine could've said that (in the proper, piss-taking tone) while he was...oh dear...'deporting' the demon from the girl at the start of the movie (the scene in which he hisses, in all seriousness, "This is Constantine...").

Yesterday I found an old envelope stuffed between two books on the shelf, which contained 30 euros worth of book coupons. I'm thinking this may just buy me a copy of All His Engines, and still leave some money to buy Nigella Lawson's "How To Be A Domestic Goddess"... :smile:

Possibly the best line in the book, that is (although I must confess a certain fondness for "people are saying you take it like a bitch"). I sniggered out loud, and I don't often do that while reading.