Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Tom Willecome

Dunno if this belongs here but...

All I've heard about it so far is that Warren Ellis thought that the promos were really funny. Was wondering whether to check it out but its starting to sound like it's not worth the effort...

If you remember the scenes in 'The Tick vs The Tick' - it's like that only strung out ad infinitum.

I did watch a few simply because I like a lot of the cast but...well, jokes about superheroes being kinky, not really wanting to be superheroes or competing against each other aren't really new to me. So I thought that maybe people who liked superheroes but perhaps not comics might like it.

...but then the usual gang down the pub hated it more than me, accusing it of being made specifically for people like me who like comic books.

Doesn't look like it has really grabbed anyone by the sounds of it but that's like most ITV-2 shows it appears. The commissioners are very confused and don't seem to understand why their American Imports on the channel are popular.

It's typical ITV sitcom-fare: shit.

I thought it was a promising enough premise - it's like The Boys just dispensed with any story and followed the less-than-perfect superheroes to the pub.

But there's no story beyond each person's individual quirks or faults. One guy has a lot of meaningless sex. One lass is a bit chippy. One guy feels inferior. Another lass is fat and can't get a bloke. And that's it. It's like a side story to a main event that isn't there.

Utter pish.