JohnMcMahon

Peter Milligan new regular Hellblazer scribe ?

I think it was supposed to. But yeah, that was colder than we've seen John in a while. I liked it, but it's not the same as the slightly more heroic version of the character we saw under Carey, and to a slightly lesser extent Diggle.

yeah ,i can't see screwing chas over like that,but milligan makes him funny enough that you don't really give a shit.

that's what i'm diggin the most from milligan...how funny constantine is now.he's bumbling forward day by day,with just the loosest scaffolding of a plan holding it all together.

it's got that 'fuck it' momentum,and you can't see where it's headin.

i hope milligan takes us on a wild ride at least to issue 300 or something.

cause who's gonna write it after that?

aside from john smith it seems like there's only second stringers left.

and i'm reading shade for the first time right now with bachalo so that adds to the fun.

After that Christmas special the other year, I'd like to see China Meiville take a crack at it. They probably couldn't afford him, though.

i was reading the first phonogram series last week and thinking 'this is a bit like constantine following a trail' ,and then came across a review that made a similar comparison.

so kieron gillen,i think he could come up with a few great hellblazer stories.thoughts?

It probably wouldn't be too bad an idea.

He's a fresh voice in comics.

British.

Would bring a new perspective to Hellblazer, I think.

Has shown interest in magic systems.

It really can't hurt at this point.

I haven't read a great deal of Gillen's work to really get a grasp for it yet.

His voice seems similar to J. Michael Straycinski (when he's having a good day), with some Matt Fraction thrown in (minus how annoying Fraction's need to write every character from a cynical manner).

Actually, there probably isn't a huge amount of his work to read, and I have read most of his Marvel output, so maybe I have.

I think Marvel has Gillen on their long list of talent though, but I'm not too sure about all these comic contracts, so maybe he isn't.

I'd like to see John Smith take another crack at Hellblazer, really.

Well, it was only the one issue...

Paul Cornell's work in comics hasn't been too shabby so far.

His Captain Britain was very good. It'd be a bit too derivative of Jenkins to do the same sort of stories on HB though.

But, as long as it's a talented writer, it can't hurt (not Fraction though). Hellblazer is a book that's ironclad at this point. They could try any decent writer for at least a story-arc, and see what they bring to the table.