Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Who else watched this? I had an absolute blast! A completely well made episode, Batman teaming up with Blue Beetle. Action-packed with lots of laughs. I can definitely seeing MANY folks here enjoying this series. Very Silver Age-y. They'll be showing this again later tonight at 10 or so.

Just watched it, and so far there's nothing about this which is significantly less than Joyous. Us emotionally-retarded man-children were pandered to for long enough with Justice League and Unlimited (both of which are among my favourite cartoons ever), and with the ultra-grown-up The Dark Knight blowing up box offices worldwide, it was clearly time to revamp the animated Bat-franchise into something which is squarely aimed at The Kids. Let the little buggers have their Batman too, they need one more than we do.

Loved the Dick Sprang chin-cleft and shoulders (on a further Silver-Age note, I also spotted an advert for "Plastino's Cat Treats" - lovely touch), loved the integration of Silver-Age Batman with Right-Now-age Blue Beetle (on which note...what a dumb time to cancel the character's rather splendid ongoing series), loved the internal monologues, loved the fluid, stylish animation, loved the music...it was just spot-on all round. I'm already looking forward to the next episode.

I saw the episode with Bats and Plastic Man and loved every second of the Silver Age goodness. It is a nice change to have the Caped Crusader rather than the Dark Knight we've had for over a decade. Better still this Batman is done in way that isn't campy or silly. The interactions between Plas and Bats was spot on. And I really liked the one-liners being thrown about by Batman. Batman doing witty banter!?! It seems almost foreign yet it's done right.

oh no. now am i ashamed. i watched the first 2 episodes and thought they were awful. i couldn't even finish the plastic man episode. why are criminals and lesser heroes always created by falling into a vat of something? and the dialogue *shudder*. the little fuel aliens reminded me of doctor who for some reason. but everything the blue beetle said was dumber than the thing he said previously. by the end, it was actually draining power from my pc. my nurse even hated it and she loves everything animated. EVERYTHING! she made me watch fritz the cat.

please don't hate. but i found nothing enjoyable--except for the concept of teaming up with a different hero each episode and the opening is nice and retro.