Maddi

Questions to Keanu

Here you can ask Keanu Reeves questions. On Constantine. So if you have a good question, you just might get an answer, guys.

But I suppose the chance of getting an answer is greater if you ask a *nice* question... :tongue:

"MSN Chat has closed in the UK"

It'll be moderated, by the way, so they'll only let in the most sycophantic questions.

"MSN Chat has closed in the UK"

James, is that what you see when you click the link? Or did you try e-mailing a question to them?

It'll be moderated, by the way, so they'll only let in the most sycophantic questions.

Come on now, any questions about Constantine will be acceptable provided they're interesting and phrased in a neutral way. Give the guy a chance.

No, I know how these things work. All people in the room will be silenced and any questions will have to be sent to the moderator, who will exclude anything that he deems potentially troublesome. No point getting in trouble by pissing off the celeb you're supposed to be working with.

And that's what I get when I click the link. It can read my IP to detect where I'm from.

This is on the page I get:

Ask The Stars

What if you could ask your favorite movie star a question? What would you ask? Here is your chance! Each week as Dish Diva dishes with the stars about their latest film she’ll be asking fan questions too!

Email your unique question to stars@microsoft.com then keep an eye on this page to see when the video debuts!

(Due to the amount of questions received not every question can be answered.)

Keanu Reeves - Constantine

Ask Keanu Reeves a question!

More on “Constantine”

By the look of it, Keanu gets a list of fan questions beforehand, and he decides which ones he'll aswer. It's apparently not a live chat session where people can join in.

<edit> I had a look at the archive with previous sessions, and the chat is simply an interview that's recorded and put on the site. So no moderators needed, and Keanu probably gets to pick the questions.

MSN was one of the providers that closed their chatrooms because PAEDOS RUN THE INTERNET wasn't it ?

As part of an overall effort by MSN and Microsoft to provide consumers with a safer, more secure and positive overall online experience, MSN has decided to no longer offer MSN Chat in the UK as of October 14 2003.

This change is intended to help protect MSN users from unsolicited information such as spam and to better protect children from inappropriate communication online.

Someone please ask:

Your performance as Constantine seems to be close to the guy from Hellblazer, but the story has him complying to a christian worldview of Heaven and Hell and redemption than in the comics. Do you think that was necessary to sell the story to a wider audience?

(Yeah right.)

oops. I omitted the word "more" from there, somehow.

No worries, I added it before I sent the e-mail.

If anyone else wants to e-mail a question: put "Question for Keanu Reeves" as subject, and e-mail to stars@microsoft.com.

<edit> I had a look at the archive with previous sessions, and the chat is simply an interview that's recorded and put on the site. So no moderators needed, and Keanu probably gets to pick the questions.

They'll need moderators to cut out the chaff from the hundreds of questions that get sent in, then they'll send the finished list off to Reeves, who'll pick his favourites. You don't really think they'll make him read through all the OMG YOUR A FAGGOT U SUCK!!!! letters, do you?

Yeah! You want Keanu to cry?!

I'm sure they do some heavy editing to get only the most superficially critical letters (even out of the intelligent, well-written, and meaningful letters) in the stack that they submit to Keanu Reeves.

I'm sure I've mentioned this to folks I've met in the flesh but about ten years ago IOL ran an UNMODERATED online chat with the president of Ireland - my brother logged into it and spent a half hour hurling virtual abuse at her - our account with IOL was suspended after that.

First I heard about it was when I couldn't dial-in, so I phoned up IOL all pissed off, which was when I found out what my bro had been up to.

They'll need moderators to cut out the chaff from the hundreds of questions that get sent in, then they'll send the finished list off to Reeves, who'll pick his favourites. You don't really think they'll make him read through all the OMG YOUR A FAGGOT U SUCK!!!! letters, do you?

Oh, right, I thought you meant online moderators. Of course the e-mails are screened, but I still don't see why that should stop anyone with a serious question from submitting it.

See, most likely a lot of Keanu fans will send in questions that are completely unrelated to Constantine. But since Reeves is there to promote the movie, those questions are pretty useless for the interview. That's why he may actually appreciate getting some good in-depth questions about the movie. (And think about it - most people know nothing about the comic and/or the movie plot, so their questions will be pretty generic and not very interesting...)

Keanu, why would anyone who isn't inbred and who doesn't play a banjo want their own private Idaho?

OI! Don't knock that movie, it's the best he's ever made!

I have no idea what to ask him... Is that wierd?

What did you ask him Maddi?

Oh and I hope Keanu answers your question Adrian, good one.

No, let's ask him if he already owns a computer!! (if so let's hope he didn't find the boards here)

Keanu, why would anyone who isn't inbred and who doesn't play a banjo want their own private Idaho?

OI! Don't knock that movie, it's the best he's ever made!

That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life. I couldn't even finish it, it was so bad.

Is that the one with the talking magazines, where Keanu plays a rentboy or something?

I saw a bit of it years ago. It didn't seem that bad.

I'm sure I've mentioned this to folks I've met in the flesh but about ten years ago IOL ran an UNMODERATED online chat with the president of Ireland - my brother logged into it and spent a half hour hurling virtual abuse at her - our account with IOL was suspended after that.

That's brilliant! If I ever meet your brother, remind me to buy him a couple of pints. I have no idea who the president of Ireland was at that time or whether he deserved it, but anyone who sees that chance and runs with it deserves praise.