Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Spidey Noir

I don't know if they share the same universe. In a way maybe it'd be cool but I don't want it to be hampered and having to follow certain stuff because of continuity.

Besides this, I can't wait to hear news on Luke Cage Noir.

I'd get it, but it's not annouced to come out from what I know. Thus far we have X-Men, Spidey, Daredevil, Wolverine, Luke Cage, and The Punisher.

I read a review of X-Men: Noir, and the plot sounds pretty interesting. I'm not sure how well the actual story holds up to the concept, but the idea that "Prof. Xavier foresees sociopaths as the next stage of human evolution" sounds like a can't miss prospect to me.

How do you make Daredevil even more noir?

Absolutely, it's currently the Joy Division of superhero comics at the moment.

But the artwork for D.D Noir looks great, so I might check it out.

And it was a really good issue. I liked it a lot. A lot of setup with meeting all these characters and how they all relate to each other and loving the interactions. It's a blast seeing how these characters are in this noir setting. It'll be really interesting to see Peter setting himself up to become Spider-Man. And a cannibal Toomes is freakin' insane! Man, and just when you thought Ben would be the major light in this mundane world that Pete's about to experience and enter but we see not only is he a crack addict but he's holding a major secret from Pete!

The art was really good and the color grew on me. Enjoying this, can't wait for next issue.

Come on by Hine's forum and chill and discuss!

http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/vi...p=677907#677907

X-Men: Noir (by Fred Van Lente) is amazing. That is all.

No.

It was my favourite book of the week, and one of the more enjoyable comics I've read in recent memory.

It's something very different.

There's even a back-up early pulp sci-fi style prose story playing loosely with the themes of Claremont's "Days of Future Past", kayfabe written by Trask (the creator of the Sentinels in the Marvel Universe), who in this universe is a eugenicist. Adding that touch at the end was just class.

I can't rave enough about this gem.

It was.

Is the reporter character anything I should remember? I think the name is that of a Timely comics character, though I can't remember which.

It was.

Is the reporter character anything I should remember? I think the name is that of a Timely comics character, though I can't remember which.

Reported in X-Men Noir or Spidey Noir?

It was.

Reported in X-Men Noir or Spidey Noir?

X-Men Noir.

I read Spider-man noir, and I pretty much agree with you, Balthazar. I've decided that I do like this imprint.

Is this supposed to mesh in with X-Men Noir?

Hine: Self-contained. X Men Noir and Spider-Man Noir were pitched separately without either creative team being aware that the other pitch was going in. They were similar enough in style for Marvel to put them both under the same banner, and the Noir line was born...

Shame, that.

Apparently, reporter man is the Angel.

Also, who I thought was archangel at the end of the first issue is apparently Iceman. He has an ice pick.

There probably will be if any of these do well.

(Myself, I'm waiting for the collections.)

Well, Hine mentioned if sales are good, more minis can come out, so maybe a nice Spidey Noir sequel, yes. Don't know if I want to see the minis crossover though.

This was all kinds of awesome. All of it. I like that they call him "The Spider-Man." Very pulpy.

I am curious if he has powers, webs and all, or if he is using gadgets.

And the Vulture. DAMN. I never thought I would ever consider him to be dangerous. He is a twisted SOB.

Haha, Shawn! Great seeing you enjoy this! :laugh:

A bit of a spoiler as to how Pete will get his powers...

I seem to recall Peter will find a magical artifact that will give him his powers

And boy, how could you not be pulled in with how Urich was being written. It certain was a nice little ride seeing everything in this book. Damn issue 2 is taking too long!

A bit of a spoiler as to how Pete will get his powers...

I seem to recall Peter will find a magical artifact that will give him his powers

If that is true that would make perfect sense and go with the pulp sensibilities of the story.

Based on just the first issue, I could see this being an ongoing series.