Venkman

Human Target for telly.

I know this was a telly series in the early nineties already but I have no idea how the character of Christopher Chance would physically become his protectee. Does the actor playing Christoper Chance only appear at the beginning and the end? Could be an interesting anthology thingy or even some huge over-arching conspiracy assasination thriller thingy with a more fantasist tone.

There's a lot of potential to really play around with this.

For the record, I think Milligan's original Human Target miniseries is one of the best things he's ever written and all the Human Target stuff he wrote after that are some of the weakest things he's written. :blink:

This could, similarly, go either way!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...461ba16a215271d

Fox, CBS handing out pilot orders

The traditional broadcast pilot pickup season has kicked into gear.

Fox is close to greenlighting dramas "Maggie Hill" and "Human Target."...

"Human Target" hails from Warner Bros. TV, McG's Wonderland Sound and Vision and DC Comics.

Based on the cult DC Comics book and written by "Jericho" co-creator Jonathan Steinberg, it centers on a mysterious security expert who goes undercover to protect clients in danger.

I know this was a telly series in the early nineties already but I have no idea how the character of Christopher Chance would physically become his protectee. Does the actor playing Christoper Chance only appear at the beginning and the end?

Maybe, or maybe it'll be elaborate and expensive makeup, a la Eddie Murphy in The Nutty Professor.

For the record, I think Milligan's original Human Target miniseries is one of the best things he's ever written and all the Human Target stuff he wrote after that are some of the weakest things he's written. :blink:

I didn't mind the first few issues of the ongoing, but soon dropt it after that. And yeah, the original mini is a stunner.

I enjoyed pretty well all of the Milligan Human Target work, myself.

I thought the ongoing Human Target series was one of the last truly great series that Vertigo produced. My interest in Vertigo seriously dropped at about the time that Human Target was coming to an end (not that the two are correlated, but just showing that I felt Human Target was one of the better Vertigo books during a period when Vertigo was sliding downhill).

I enjoyed pretty well all of the Milligan Human Target work, myself.

I thought the ongoing Human Target series was one of the last truly great series that Vertigo produced.

I'm with you there, loved Pulido's spartan artwork too.

Mark Valley to play Christopher Chance!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40074

I only know him from Boston Legal but that's good enough for me - depends like hell how they're taking the series but he has the suave and charm (and was able to keep up the laughs with Spade and Shatner in Boston Legal) so you never know for this series!Mark.jpg

I´m with you on that. He is good and I think he will do fine as Christopher Chance. I hope this TV series follow at least a little of what the character is and the recent series did, the basic elements. Let´s see.

It debuts soon. Are they going to use other actors for his drastic disguises?

Looks like they picked a good guy to play Chance. But from the advertisements I have seen, it doesn't look like he's in costume all that much.

I noticed the poster in the subway and was pretty surprised, so i checked other sources, and yeah, it's THIS Human Target. Didn't have time to catch it on TV though. What bothers me is that they don't mention the authors of the comic book anywhere, only "based on DC series". WTF?

Chance doesn't become other people through plastic surgery nor have the mental issues that comes with doing so. Hello? That was the coolest part of the story! Without that, it's just 007 4 TV.

Chance doesn't become other people through plastic surgery nor have the mental issues that comes with doing so. Hello? That was the coolest part of the story! Without that, it's just 007 4 TV.

That's exactly what it is. A vaguely entertaining (at times), utterly bland and inoffensive 007-lite action show. Of course, this is 3 episodes in so maybe it'll get better but I doubt it.

Agreed with slinker's sentiments. I caught one of the eps out of the corner of my eye and it seems that everything that made the comic cool was not apparent in the show. I'll pass.