Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Gimme some Static, I say!

staticcover_jplsketch.jpg

STATIC SHOCK: REBIRTH OF THE COOL TP

Written by Dwayne McDuffie and Robert L. Washington III

Art by John Paul Leon and Steve Mitchell

Cover by John Paul Leon

Static, currently appearing in TEEN TITANS, is back in this new collection of classic stories from his hit Milestone series!

When a mutagenic gas accidentally gave him superhuman abilities, Virgil Hawkins was reborn as Static, the electrically powered teen Super Hero. And while Static tries to balance the pressures of his school work, after-school job and family life, he also protects his inner city neighborhood against villains including Holocaust and Commando X. Collecting STATIC #1-4 and STATIC SHOCK!: REBIRTH OF THE COOL #1-4.

Advance-solicited; on sale May 27 • 192 pg, FC, $19.99 US

Never did find my back issues.

Except the Xombi ones.

Dwayne McDuffie is hoping for more Milestones to be re-released on the back of this (including Xombi).

You had me at "Jean Paul Leon."

Yes, but it's a collection of older work I believe, and from that limited caption it doesn't look anywhere as honed as his Wintermen.

bab_cv24.jpg

THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #24

Written by Matt Wayne

Art and cover by Howard Porter

At long last, the first meeting of Static and Black Lightning! Virgil Hawkins has always had a bit of a problem with authority figures – especially politicos as seemingly crooked as one-time Luthor crony Jefferson Pierce. When Black Lightning comes to speak at Hemingway High’s commencement, Static fully intends to give him a piece of his mind. But not if Holocaust takes a piece out of both of them first!

On sale June 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US