A. Heathen

Hellblazer Year

(*not true)

So, what would we like to see besides the much awaited Pandemonium

and the massive great DCU crossover with Vertigo where all the superheroes add "-blazer" to their cape-name for a year and call each other "mate":

(Batblazer: "Stone the crows, Chaz, you look a blinder in the Robinblazer outfit".)

(Green Blazer: "Fancy a game of arrows?", other Green Blazer: "Not right now, I am having trouble with my ring." see below)

singh_olazabal.jpg

Some writer with a serious artistic hunger to make the title more than the flagging horror/comedy book it's become.

Or atleast an entire issue of Sean Phillips interiors.

Oh and Tim Bradstreet back on Covers.

For Hellblazer to become like the TV show Millennium, with John Constantine as a Frank Black character. Still the "working class magician" and not a FBI consultant though.

Just plot, tone, and character wise.

Not the "mythology" aspects with Armageddon or the Millennium organization.

The stand-alone story nature, occult detective motif would work well for Hellblazer, I think.

Millennium certainly used "Satan" as a plot device far better than Hellblazer with the First.

What's that word for something that's been around so long it's parodying it's self, I want less of that word.

Madonna.

I can certianly agree with Trace. I could definately do with less Madonna.

Perhaps the completion of the Delano trades, or dare to dream, the beginning of Absolute Hellblazer?

I'd rather a complete collection (Delano, Jenkins et al) than an absolute. I don't really like the Absolute versions of things...probably because I'm a pauper and comics and tpbs can be pricy enough.

I think the Ultimate Hellblazer collection we discussed in several threads a while ago (that had all the best single issue or two part stories by each writer in one collection) would be a fantastic idea to draw new readers in and then send them in search of the writers' runs they really liked.

Maybe that could be a fancy hardback with a few extra bits and pieces (ie - a new versions of something akin to the Mucous Membrane interview accounts. I always liked bits and pieces like that that fleshed out the world a little).

What would I like from Hellblazer year? Some good advertising and marketing tools that meant Hellblazer monthly readers were around 20,000.

Absolute Hellblazer?

I dunno man, some of the art in the early years would not stand up to it.

Agreed.

There's quite a lot that sits well in the time you read it (even if catching up now) but doesn't merit an Absolute treatment.

Perhaps the pulpy DC Showcase format holding 25 issues or so would be more suited (and fit with existing trades more easily).

Some writer with a serious artistic hunger to make the title more than the flagging horror/comedy book it's become.

Or atleast an entire issue of Sean Phillips interiors.

Oh and Tim Bradstreet back on Covers.

I´m totally with you about Phillips and Bradstreet.

Hmm. i had to look up what the heck "Stone the Crows." Wondered ever since that Roots Manuva song. Is that a common English phrased, used regularly?

A movie about Hellblazer.

And a rolegame. Kult ambientation is too twisted for a smooth adaptation. Kult is more or less like a 'Hellblazer More Gore', as Little Bocos likes to say.

I think the Ultimate Hellblazer

That. Oh, how I longed for Mark Millar to pen Hellblazer. I want to see John work for STRIKE and refer to Chas as soldier.

And a rolegame.

Hey, that would be fun! Why not just make one yourself?

Time consumption, basically. I want to, aside for my writing of PhD, to make some comics, to learn guitar, paint a bit, read some books (like three I have started), watch a couple of series, help my girlfriend with the scouts and compare the spanish translations of some issues of Hellblazer with the originals.

And I have no free time.

Maybe in the future, nonetheless.

I think the Ultimate Hellblazer

That. Oh, how I longed for Mark Millar to pen Hellblazer. I want to see John work for STRIKE and refer to Chas as soldier.

I'd love to see Millar do Hellblazer. I thought his Swamp Thing run was brilliant, and his use of Constantine throughout that run was quite good--particularly at the end, with the match (I'm avoiding spoilers for those who haven't read it).

An in-continuity explanation as to why John stopped living on the same planet as all the superheros.

I know, I'm the only one who actually cares...

Well, you're not alone... :hattip:

Time consumption, basically. I want to, aside for my writing of PhD, to make some comics, to learn guitar, paint a bit, read some books (like three I have started), watch a couple of series, help my girlfriend with the scouts and compare the spanish translations of some issues of Hellblazer with the originals.

And I have no free time.

Maybe in the future, nonetheless.

Yeah, I hear you there. Time is such a jerk. Never flexible about anything. Selfish time.

MIDBLAZER...

midblazer.jpg

A tough as nails homosexual necromancer who can predict what you'll do in a fight AND in bed.

MIDBLAZER...

midblazer.jpg

A tough as nails homosexual necromancer who can predict what you'll do in a fight AND in bed.

I loved the photo. :tongue:

Outside Delano/Jock GN, I think nothing special will come up from Vertigo for John.