TearsInRain

Perfect Circle Video on line

Oh, forgot to say, I picked up that album of theirs the other day in the cheap shop.

Other than the fairly ordinary sub Placebo movie song "Passive" there's an interesting take on "What's Going On?" and a very dreadful rending of "When The Levee Breaks", but the other tracks all merge into one post-goth amalgam. It's not fucking clever to try and make "Imagine" a pessimistic minor key dirge instead of a hopeful anthem to world peace.

I gave it to my niece for a second opinion.

Of course, the line "You fucking disappoint me" will remain the by-word in movie criticism.

:angry: I can hear it but I can't see it. What gives? I been trying to save it and maybe open it with DivX or something but all I get is the html page.

Ooo doubly angry - they silenced the 'f' word!

Song is forgettable but the idea was pretty clever since we never see where Angela goes when she's drowned. The video does give you an idea of the mood of the film, the pacing, the way it's taken very seriously. And John even shows a bit of his humanitarian - non asshole - side even in this video clip.

The song is more than a little forgettable, but then, I'm not a fan of A Perfect Circle.

At. All.

By turning "Imagine" into a dirge, it becomes a longing tribute to the death of Communism. After all, the song is inherently Marxist.

This video was exactly what I figured the promo video for Constantine would be even before I knew who the band would be. It's a pretty generic song but that's just the way the movie promotion game works I suppose. I'm guessing that it'll be played on MTV2 a couple of times before it's put onto the dvd as a special feature.

I think it's his left side.  No wait... that's looking at his picture.. so right side.  Yeah, his right side.

By turning "Imagine" into a dirge, it becomes a longing tribute to the death of Communism. After all, the song is inherently Marxist.

I can't decide which of these statements amuses me more.

It doesn't work that way for me.

It's just Goth pseudo-anhedonia.