JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

Lou K    1,054

Hawhawhawhaw!!!!!!!

It kills me that you're dressed just like the figure!

:D

So this is the thread where we post about the toys, yes? Because I scored this (Conan the Indomitable)and this (Conan of Cimmeria) on my day off yesterday.

Marvel Legends Series 7 is hitting the shelves and for me the interest is on Ghost Rider. ML 3 had the Dan Ketch GR but this series has the bad ass Johnny Blaze style GR. You can remove the kooky front off the bike from the classic GR. Looks pretty good.

[EDIT] Also, I was at Meijer's getting catfood last week and I scored the Tusken Raider Unleashed figure. Wait til I show you a pic of that. You'll flip. Best Tusken Raider figure ever.

Mark    332

Quality. It's a shame my old trenchcoat's up int'North, otherwise I'd wear it to the meet-up on the 22nd. It's rather like Johns, and I used to wear it to school for years. Got me into no end of bother around the time of Columbine, I can tell you...cries of 'Trenchcoat Mafia' used to follow me around like flies. That and the fact that I used to make home-made bombs in the woods of a weekend, of course...

I want a Constantine action figure. I assume they're not widely available, eh?

Pooka    770

You'd just look like a bunch of dirty old men in Flasher Macs. :)

Come on, Lou, let's have some more fabulous toy fighting from your good self.

Lou K    1,054

I'm thinking of stuff, pooka, only I haven't had much time. As I told Rogan I'm working on the Silent Adventures of Li Mu Bai so stay tuned.

I just got back from the comic shop where I scored this Uncle Frank from Neca's Hellraiser line of figures. Also scored this female cenobite to go along with Chatterer and Butterball and of course Pinhead. So now I have the original four, plus Uncle Frank, and I'm good on Hellraiser for a while.

Lou K    1,054

Indeed I did, John. Conan the Indomitable was a gimme, and there was only one left at Toys R Us. They had several Conan of Cimmeria figures and I sat there for a good ten minutes picking it up, putting it back, picking it up. Truth be told I came into a bit of money recently so I got both for around $20 and the Queen's tax. Fukkit, gotta have both Conan figs. Later on I'll post the line-up for the next series. Sounds great, no pics yet tho.

Y'all like those Hellraiser figures or what? I love that Uncle Frank, he's my favorite.

James    38

I should add that the whole suit/coat/tie combo actually rather suits you, John.

'Course, if anyone found out why you were wearing it you'd look a bit sad...

JohnMcMahon    562

In my defence, I do sometimes wear a shirt and tie into the office.

Haven't actually worn that coat in nearly a year now, which explains why it needs a wash :)

Rogan    176

So, someone has finally found a good use for Jovan Konstantinovich...

more pics!

Keeyah    0

Brilliant John, but what did Constantine say that made you threaten to punch the poor little guy?

Lou, have you seen the McFarlane's Twisted Land of Oz figures?

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

Any of you guys collect STAR WARS figures at all?

Or is that an offensive question? :blink:

Lou K    1,054
It's the flick-knife that Uncle Frank has that kinda freaks me out.  Don't know why, I mean the guys go no skin fer fuck's sake like!

It may be because the switchblade played an integral part in Julia's seduction. Creepy. NECA made a skinless Julia but it's packaged in gauze so a Mint-On-Card collector like myself has no use for it. You want skinless? You gotta remove it from the package, see?

Lou, have you seen the McFarlane's Twisted Land of Oz figures?

Yes, I have. They are quite grand. I like only one or two but that is a series that deserves to be collected in it's entireity so I backed off. I did hook up on Monsters 3: 6 Faces of Madness and will gladly post pics of all aforementioned series if you like.

Any of you guys collect STAR WARS figures at all?

Or is that an offensive question?  :blink:

Star Wars was the very first action figure I ever collected. I could tell you some stories of me and Charlie as small childeren, each strapped with an Obi Wan figure, him with an X Wing and me with a TIE Fighter, dogfighting around the old X Mas tree knowing full on that Obi Wan ain't flown shit (at least not in his older years).

These days I get my jollies from Star Wars Unleashed, which are bigger and more detailed versions of your standard SW figure fare. Unforyunately more expensive, too, and released in minimal enough numbers to warrant high prices and much scalping. Very popular nonetheless.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

The unleashed figures are too much like statues for my tastes. I like a figure you can play with: well articulated, with accessories! Must have GUNS!

Oh, have I shown you fellows this one?

Jesus Christ, Superstore

Buddha comes with a gun! Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

lfbuddha.jpg

lfallah.jpg

lfgod.jpg

lfjesus.jpg

On another message board, we tried guessing what figures they customized for these. Obviously, Allah's a no brainer...but what about the others?

Lou K    1,054

Hawhawahw!!!! Jesus Christ Superstore rocks!

And I agree with you on the action figures versus statues issue. Give me mad articuation and tons of accessories. Those are the figures that get opened and played with. Statue-like figures stay in the box.

????Whot?????

James    38
On another message board, we tried guessing what figures they customized for these. Obviously, Allah's a no brainer...but what about the others?

God looks like a Star Wars figure, but in all honesty I think that they've had them specially moulded - they lack too much detail to be "proper" toys...

I want a Constantine action figure. I assume they're not widely available, eh?

I have 2. One opened to fiddle with while I'm on the computer (alongside my Jack Knight and Spider J toys) and one for posterity.

Lou K    1,054

hahaha good one.

You been real bad, Nightwing. Y'all know what settles on badness don't ya? Pumpkinhead!