JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

Lou K    1,054

That looks great! I love custom figures. There's some really good stuff out there.

I have a few myself, I'm gonna take a few more pics and whip up a small website dedicated to them. So far I have a House of the Dead repaint and a custom Manhunt figure to show. Stay tuned!

sethos    5

fucking cool! that boxset looks amazing.

EDIT: shit, I think I want them all.

saw this in stores today:

giger_li2_photo_02_dp.jpg

I might need to buy that, it just looks so awesome.

sethos    5
You saw that in stores sethos? Dang. I can't wait. {edit} actually, yes I can. Been waiting for it for fucking years now.

That Giger piece is a must. It'll look great with my Tortured Souls and Tortured Souls 2 figures.

it's gonna look great next to my Criterion Collection DVD of Videodrome :D

sethos    5
How much were they asking for it?

it was 25 Euro in one store, 29 in another. I have no idea how much it'll be in The States, but it's usually much cheaper there. so probably something 20-25 dollars. it's a pretty huge object though, only a little smaller than the typical Sideshow figures in height. it surprised me, I thought it was gonna be smaller.

JohnMcMahon    562

Lou - you need to get to the Forbidden Planet Superstore in London. We dropped in there for a little while Monday morning and the whole top floor is dedicated to toys/action figures. There's a big glass cabinet that runs up the middle which is packed to overflowing with every cool action figure imaginable (as well as odditites such as an life size Iron Man mask and official LOTR pipes).

We were a bit pushed for time so I didn't get the chance to take photos but trust me, it's a shop built specifically to meet your needs.

I'm pretty sure Ade said something about owning expensive horror statues or figures on Sunday, wonder if he'll show us some pics...

sethos    5
Lou - you need to get to the Forbidden Planet Superstore in London.  We dropped in there for a little while Monday morning and the whole top floor is dedicated to toys/action figures.  There's a big glass cabinet that runs up the middle which is packed to overflowing with every cool action figure imaginable (as well as odditites such as an life size Iron Man mask and official LOTR pipes).

We were a bit pushed for time so I didn't get the chance to take photos but trust me, it's a shop built specifically to meet your needs.

I'm pretty sure Ade said something about owning expensive horror statues or figures on Sunday, wonder if he'll show us some pics...

I always go to that store whenever I'm in London, just to look at the fantastic range of statues. a toy freak's dream come true, really.

Rogan    176

well, why not arrange to come to one of the London cons in the future?

Lou K    1,054

Maybe. Money's not so good for me right now. It'd be far in the future before I made it overseas again.

[EDIT] Reminds me of The Silver Snail in Toronto. I went to Toronto with my girl. I knew Todd McFarlane was from Canada so I half jokingly thought maybe there was a magical store that had every Spawn figure I ever wanted. There she was dragging me up and down every street looking at shoes and clothes and all this other bullshit when I saw a huge building from across the street. The Silver Snail. "That must be the biggest shittiest clothing store on the block." is what I remember thinking.

As we got closer I saw a huge array of action figures displayed in the window. No fucking way, I thought. We went inside and the first thing I saw was the Freddy/Jason 2 pak. I gasped out loud. This was years before the movie was even a thought and I had been searching for this item like mad. The ground floor was all comics and posters but when I went upstairs.....when I went upstairs I saw the largest selection of action figures and statues I prolly ever saw in my god forsaken life, no lie. I scored a blue variant Mandarin Spawn also. I've never seen any of these items anywhere else, except my own collection.

It was an amazing thing to behold, maybe you had to be there, but I was thrilled to death. Yes, one day I will make it to the Forbidden Planet.

Scored the Giger piece today. Not much of an action figure is it? No matter, I love it dearly. Well worth the $25 I paid for it.

[EDIT] I'm going thru some old pics in my file and I found some pics of (maybe) future Giger pieces. Originally it was supposed to be four figures. Life, Death, Entrance and Li 2. It's been 4 or more years since I've been waiting for Li 2. Always getting pushed back, it was, and I thought I'd never really see it. So now that I've stumbled across the old pics I'm wondering if they'll ever come out? I sure fucking hope so.

You know, Rogan. In writing this post I just figured out why I can't make it to London. :biggrin:

sethos    5

I bought the Giger thing as well, Lou. yeah, I hope there will be more of them too. I really wish that since McFarlane has both the right to Giger AND Alien, they'd make some cool shit based on Giger's artwork for the movie.

Lou K    1,054

You take yours out of the package sethos?

PM me your e-mail addy if you like and I'll send over the pics of the other Giger pieces.

sethos    5
Mezco reveals their comic book series line

*Hellboy

*Lobster Johnson

*Mecha Ape wirh Von Klempt's head

*Liz Sherman

http://p073.ezboard.com/fmezcofrm2.showMes...picID=585.topic

I'd be more happy if there were actual pics of the figures themselves... very happy that they are making Liz though.