JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

Mark    333

I've got Spidey suspended from the ceiling above my computer desk right now. He looks pretty bitchin' from where I'm sitting...

Lou K    1,083

Looking good, homeboy, looking good. There's a new super articulated Spidey on the market that I'm gonna go look for today.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

Is it the really big one? I don't like it, it's too big and no other figures come that big. There aren't even any other big figures in that whole line for Spidey to interact with. I like the smaller 6" version which interacts well with most other figures.

Rogan    176

but Lou's not bying it to play with the other toys, he's gonna keep it in the box and admire its coolness ;)

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

Well, then, he should buy two: one to open and play with, and one to keep...the toy collector's mantra.

Rogan    176

nah, Lou usually keeps them sealed, like true false idols they are... ;)

just ask Charlie. he's the religious K.

Lou K    1,083
Is it the really big one? I don't like it, it's too big and no other figures come that big.

No they made a new 6".

I see what your're sayin' about the big one. Very cool, too expensive and nobody to pose him with.

Now I leave most of my McFarlane stuff in the box because they really don't move all that much. They look great in the nice packaging and all. But when you get them out of the box they look pretty much the same as when they were in there. So I leave 'em there mostly or as Spider said I buy doubles.

Now very articulated and positionable figures with cool accessories get the open. Marvel Legends, EVAs, Microman and Spiderman figures all get opened up as do my 12" SWAT figures (except the rare ones ;) )

So yeah, Rogan's right, I'm mostly a MOC (Mint On Card) collector but lately I've been opening like mad.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

100_1320.jpg

This is the one I have. Someone on that other board posted this image. I have also posed Spidey similarly, though I hate how his knuckles are wider than his four fingers (because of the hinge). Otherwise, it's a fine Spider-Man.

sethos    5

Lou, have you seen these?

mohawkfig1.jpg

apposter.jpg

from the new "Cult Classics" line by Neca... the other two figures in the set are yet another Jason Vorhees and yet another Crow figure.

Lou K    1,083

I haven't seen that Americasn Psycho one before. Pretty neat. I'd like to see the other ones they're planning. I also heard they were gonna do a Leatherface for that line - the one in the end where he's got his dinner attire on.

And I hope we can get a Crow figure with a little weaponry on him. Every Crow figure is in the 'Ima Badass' pose and that's all good, but how about one where he's right in the middle of breakin' somebody's ass off?

[EDIT] Oh yeah! I think they're doing the 'sack head' Jason Vorhees from #2, right? Maybe with a pitchfork?

NECA is definitely on the come up. Their box sets like Halloween and Crow look great and they did a pretty sweet job on Hellraiser. Can't wait to see more from these righteous dudes.

sethos    5

awesome, King Mob!

Keeyah, I like your collection there. the Jack Skellington figure looks brilliant!

Keeyah    0

I have the Dark Knight Returns Batman, still in its box.

I have another shelf with my comic figures on.

I got Jack Skellington for Xmas, he is so tall and thin I feel I will break him if I move him around much! I love that he came with his dog Zero, who has a little detailed pumpkin for a nose!

Lou K    1,083

Too right, Hellboy is cool as fuck.

Nope, Sean, that's the smaller one.

Been kicking around the notion of opening up the big one tho! :ph34r:

Scored this today

Still can't find Robocop at retail. :icon_evil:

[edit] thinkin' about takin' a pic of me new Hellboy dudes.

sethos    5
Too right, Hellboy is cool as fuck.

Nope, Sean, that's the smaller one.

Been kicking around the notion of opening up the big one tho!  :ph34r:

Scored this today

Still can't find Robocop at retail.  :icon_evil:

[edit] thinkin' about takin' a pic of me new Hellboy dudes.

have you found any of the new series of Hellboy yet, Lou? I'm waiting for the importers here to get the Anung Amun Ra (or however you spell it) Hellboy.