JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

Lou K    1,097
Does anyone have pictures of the Nazi Robot Ninja guy ?

You mean the toy or the guy from the flick?

have you found any of the new series of Hellboy yet, Lou? I'm waiting for the importers here to get the Anung Amun Ra (or however you spell it) Hellboy.

I scored Anung Un Rama and Nazi Kroenen for anout $7.50 each at TowerRecords.com. They were ordinarily $10 but they were having a X Mas sale.

I scored the Hellboy in stockade from my local guy. I paid about $20 which is way too much, but I need to support my local shop. Seen too many of them close. Then I heard that the stockade Hellboy was a bit rare at only 1 per case so now I don't feel so bad (even tho he was charging 20 for each).

sethos    5
I scored Anung Un Rama and Nazi Kroenen for anout $7.50 each at TowerRecords.com. They were ordinarily $10 but they were having a X Mas sale.

I scored the Hellboy in stockade from my local guy. I paid about $20 which is way too much, but I need to support my local shop. Seen too many of them close. Then I heard that the stockade Hellboy was a bit rare at only 1 per case so now I don't feel so bad (even tho he was charging 20 for each).

shit, 20 bucks is what we usually pay for figures here. I wish I could find those figures for that little here. oh well.

I did buy the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 1 for 10 Euro today though...

Lou K    1,097
Is his face all fucked up underneath?

Word, but Mezco (and NECA) have a ways to go before they understand in full how to replicte decaying flesh properly....

JohnMcMahon    595

Awesome! Cheers Lou.

I seem to recall James not being overly enamoured with the way the character was changed for the movie but I thought he was pretty damn cool - would've liked a longer fight between him and HB though.

Lou K    1,097

I really like the way Kroenen was handled in the flick. Hell he may be my favorite character.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

Abe Sapian. In the comicbook it goes more into how he came to be on the earth whenever the 7 demons start moving about.

Lou K    1,097

Yes you do. Everybody on this planet should be reading the Hellboy trades. They are really, really kick ass and feature some great pin up galleries by other artists.

Keeyah!!! Here's an abe figure: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00018I2...SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Also can be found in mission gear and battle damage.

Lou K    1,097

Marvel VS Capcom anyone?

P1140113.JPG

P1140115.JPG

P1140118.JPG

Heeheehee...Chris hates it when I let Spiderman get is ass beat. :tongue:

What I'm sayin' is....SOTA Toys has made a new line of Steet Fighter figures and boy are they fun. Very articulate and balanced for maximum play. Each figure comes with an alternate head and set of hands - a sure fire way to please me. Sagat is the only one I'm goin' for out of this line but Blanka from round 2 is a must. Vega should be pretty cool too. After that it's Guile for round 3.

sethos    5
Today's haul is brought to you by Budweiser.

Robocop!

just saw this pic on the McFarlane site of their "Red Riding Hood"action figure from the new monsters line :o

monsters4_hood_photo_01_dp.jpg

EDIT: oh, and this from Neca (the movie version of Marv):

1.jpg

Lou K    1,097

riding hood is really cool lookin'. I can't wait to see what else Monsers 4 has to offer.

sethos    5

one of the local comic book stores is having a sale on their action figures. Hellboy series one figs are now 10 bucks (was 17 bucks), and the Sideshow Hellboy, Buffy and Army of Darkness figures are now 25 bucks instead of 50... argh, I wish I had more money.

just to be clear, the sideshow figures are:

8901_image01.jpg

8902_image03.jpg

8903_image02.jpg

1302.jpg

2007_image01.jpg

1301_image01.jpg

oh, and this one, which I find very tempting for 25 bucks.

7701R_image01.jpg

Lou K    1,097

So did you pick up anything?

Not diggin' the Sideshow stuff. That style of figure is OK for military GI Joe stuff (oh that Bond looks great!) but Hellboy needs more detail. They do a really mean version of Nazi Kroenen however. Too bad it's a SDCC exclusive. :sad:

My new Robocop figure has two left feet. :ph34r:

Edited by Lou K

sethos    5
So did you pick up anything?

Not diggin' the Sideshow stuff. That style of figure is OK for military GI Joe stuff (oh that Bond looks great!) but Hellboy needs more detail. They do a really mean version of Nazi Kroenen however. Too bad it's a SDCC exclusive. :sad:

My new Robocop figure has two left feet. :ph34r:

I;m tempted by the Hellboy and Bond figures, since the Hellboy is actually very cool looking close up. the detail on his belt is amazing. the Bond is... well, it's Sean Connery as James Bond. what more can you ask for? the Ash would be a priority (I just love the Evil Dead series) if they hadn't fucked up his facial sculpt (it's actually better looking on the actual fig):

1301_image02.jpg

that said, it's a better likeless than most Army of Darkness figs. the McFarlane one sucked, as do the small figure sets that are out now (though those do feature extremely cool Deadite figures).

anyway, I haven't bought anything so far. but I might go for Hellboy or Bond. or Ash, sigh.

sethos    5
They get Hellboy 1.5 yet? Are those marked down? Do you have Mezco's Hellboy stuff?

I did buy the 10 bucks Abe Sapien though. just cause Abe and Hellboy (already bought the fig of him and the corpse) need to stand against evil together! :biggrin: it's quite cool, though not as cool as I'd thought: I don't like the extra goggle head, prefer to just stand him next to HB without any of the extras. he is pretty versatile though: Mezco really did a good job on this line. they also had Rasputin and normal Kroenen, but I'd rather wait and see whether they will get series 1.5, with Nazi Kroenen and Anung Un Rama.

the one I'm really curious about is their Hellboy comic book line though. I want a Mignola Hellboy and Liz!

I love Hellboy, I also have the quite dodgy looking Graphitti Hellboy action figure from their Big Blast! series. it has almost no detail but if you put some very hard lighting on it, it does look very much like the Mignola Hellboy

t_82198.jpg

his foot is nearly broken though, it was a pretty badly designed figure