JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

That's what I was thinking with Captain Antilles.....wasn't Wedge one of Luke's homeboys?

And here's a gratuitous Spiderman pic

P1300144.JPG

Guest spiderlegs

(I'm such a geek)

Wookiees live a long time. By the time we see Chewbacca in A New Hope, he is 200 years old.

According to the Q&A section of the SW Insider, Antilles as a surname is rhe galactic equivalent of "Smith" or "Jones"." So even though there are 3 Antilles characters in the OT story arc, none of them are related to one another.

(Why do I know this?)

(I'm such a geek)

Wookiees live a long time. By the time we see Chewbacca in A New Hope, he is 200 years old.

According to the Q&A section of the SW Insider, Antilles as a surname is rhe galactic equivalent of "Smith" or "Jones"." So even though there are 3 Antilles characters in the OT story arc, none of them are related to one another.

(Why do I know this?)

capt. Antilles is in fact the captain of the ship that gets boarded by the Imperials at the start of A New Hope, called -geek alert- The Tantive IV. He's the guy who gets strangled by Vader, I think.

Fucking sweet...you Star Wars geeks rock.

So what about the Palpatine thing?

well, apparently Palpatine really does "transform" into evil Dark Lord Sidious: the kind and gentle face is just a dark side magic thing. he has two huge fights with the Jedi, apprently, one of which is a duel towards the end of the flick with everyone's favourite muppet, whom he defeats but is seriously wounded by: he then gets his Retrun of the Jedi style look (you can see him look evil and shit in one of the last frames of the current Revenge of the Sith trailer, but after the duel he's apparently old and weak like in Jedi).

my guess is that's why there are different figures: one as chancellor, one as dark lord, and one at the end in full Emperor mode

Lou, is this the same Spidey you have?

ultrapose-spidey.jpg

I hope it is, then I can order it from a local store

EDIt: never mind, now noticed that this is the movie spidey and yours is the comic book spidey. shite.

Yup, that's the movie Spidey. I have that one too, and it is rather neat, but the comic one is better. It's under the 'Spiderman Classics' line. Lemme see if I can score an in-package pic.

Yup, that's the movie Spidey. I have that one too, and it is rather neat, but the comic one is better. It's under the 'Spiderman Classics' line. Lemme see if I can score an in-package pic.

that would help greatly, Lou.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that baby. I'm not a big toy collector, but I love me some Spidey, and I'm so happy with the way my current figure is posed slinging his way across the ceiling in Norway that I may have to get one of these to have on my desk.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that baby. I'm not a big toy collector, but I love me some Spidey, and I'm so happy with the way my current figure is posed slinging his way across the ceiling in Norway that I may have to get one of these to have on my desk.

same here. I hope it will come out here in some of the speciality toy stores.

Was 'Abducted' U.S. Soldier a Toy?

DUBAI (Reuters) - A picture of an "abducted" U.S. soldier in Iraq (news - web sites) appeared on a Web site on Tuesday, but suspicion grew it was a hoax after a U.S. toy maker said it appeared to show a model soldier made by the company.

capt.ny11802012115.iraq_soldier_ny118.jpg

lthumb.sge.gws53.020205021121.photo00.photo.default-380x285.jpg

"Our mujahideen ... have managed to capture the American soldier John Adam after killing a number of his colleagues," said the Mujahideen Squadrons in the undated statement on a Web site monitored in Dubai. It threatened to kill him.

But Liam Cusack, marketing coordinator for California-based Dragon Models USA, said the picture appeared to show a special forces operative figure the company had made for collectors.

Defense officials at the Pentagon (news - web sites) in Washington said the U.S. military had no indication any of its soldiers were missing in Iraq.

Cusack said the striking similarity between his company's action figure, which was marketed under the name "Cody," and the published picture, were pointed out to him early on Tuesday by an Arizona retailer.

"I worked on the development of that figure so I had seen the look of that head before," Cusack said. "We don't want to be the ones to say that it is (a hoax) for sure. Because if there is a search and rescue, that needs to be done."

Cusack, speaking from his office at City of Industry, California, noted the rifle being pointed at the figure in the photograph posted on the Web site also appeared to be the plastic M4 rifle included with the figure.

The message and photograph were posted on a site run by a group calling itself al-Muntada al-Ansar, which has in recent months restricted access to the site to registered users in an effort to avoid unknown groups posting messages.

The site has been the main channel of communication in recent months for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of al Qaeda in Iraq.

Insurgents in Iraq, including al Qaeda's wing in Iraq, have been waging attacks on U.S.-led forces since they invaded the country in 2003. (Additional reporting by Kevin Krolicki in Los Angeles)

You Win.

Fucking hell, that's fantastic. I want one.

Big. If those are the old Kenner AT ATs they're the size of a cat.

they look like it. damn, that's impressive.

I bought the Hellboy director's cut today with the Hellboy bust. very nice!