JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

Guest spiderlegs

That Star Destroyer (or one similar) was up on eBay. I wanted one then, but that's a cool diorama. Must clean up the puddle of drool all over my desk, now.

hey, Lou, you checking out the US Toyfair news? some really cool stuff coming out:

Now Playing series 3 will consist of Baron Harkonnen from David Lynch's version of Dune, a Werewolf from Dog Soldiers and the goblin thingy from Legend. you can see pics HERE.

the line up will also include a boxset of McCready and the mutating Dog from The Thing. pics of which can be seen HERE.

SOTA will also be releasing a line of creatures based on Lovecraft's stories. see pics HERE. they look quite awesome, especially Dagon.

oh, and Neca gave moviemaniacs.net some pics from their Cult Classics 2 series, which includes Tall Man from the Phantasm series of flicks, and (YES!) Frank the Bunny from Donnie Darko. the only pics up right now seem to be those of Frank. you can see those right HERE.

speaking of cool figures, why oh why hasn't anybody hired the guy that did this costume figure? I know I want one.

td-ah-1.jpg

td-ah-5.jpg

Yes, i would LOVE a Dekkard figure like that.

Man, there's some good lookin' shit comin' out. I hadn't seen a lot of that stuff yet, sethos, cheers for those links.

Neca's done some great box sets so far, but I'm gonna have to get that Thing one. That's my favorite movie.

Really looking forward to Street Fighter series 2 and 3 this year also.

Yes, i would LOVE a Dekkard figure like that.

Man, there's some good lookin' shit comin' out. I hadn't seen a lot of that stuff yet, sethos, cheers for those links.

Neca's done some great box sets so far, but I'm gonna have to get that Thing one. That's my favorite movie.

Really looking forward to Street Fighter series 2 and 3 this year also.

not sure about the Thing set yet, since I already have the two Movie Maniac figs by McFarlane. it depends on the Macready figure. but Frank the Bunny and the three Lovecraft figs are definitely on my to buy list.

EDIT: there are some big ass pics of the Lovecraft figs on SOTA's homepage HERE. they really do look awesome, don't they?

Oh, hell... Why did I venture in here?!?!?

Far too much temptation for a figure-addict!

Must add to the get list: Lance Henrickson and Miss Muffet (perfect gift for Father's Day!)

Toy-glee runs in my family: to compensate getting Dad the 12" Pussy Galore for Xmas a couple years back, I gave my mom a "pocket sized" British Gaurd "doll," who's bearskin removes to reveal he's really a sex toy! (There were some great reaction photos from those unwrappings!)

And speaking about temptaions, Lou K - I live i Toronto, about a 10 minute walk away from the Silver Snail. It's even closer from work. Hard not to dash down at lunch hour and come back with a paycheque's worth of toys!!!

Here are a few faves from my collection:

post-231-1108923506_thumb.jpg

one of my early heroes

post-231-1108923520_thumb.jpg

first Canadian Prime Minsiter (scotch not included)

post-231-1108923533_thumb.jpg

see my pic in "show you r face" for better understaning...

I also have a Todd McFarlane Todd McFarlane figure (legion of lawyers not included).

Cheers,

Pru

And speaking about temptaions, Lou K - I live i Toronto, about a 10 minute walk away from the Silver Snail. It's even closer from work. Hard not to dash down at lunch hour and come back with a paycheque's worth of toys!!!

Oh how I love the Silver Snail...that's cool that you're so close to them. My girl and I were on a vacation in Toronto there. She had me up each and every street looking at shoes after clothes after shoes. I was getting really fed up. I thought to mayself, "Hey, maybe as Todd McFarlane is Canadian there'll be this magical store that carries every figure he ever made." As I spotted the Siver Snail across the street, I could only see the sign. I thought, "That must be the gayest shoe store ever." But as we drew closer and I saw the window displays full of action figures I just about fainted. I found many things that I had been searching for that day, many rare and wonderful items like the Freddy/Jason 2 Pak (long before the movie) and a blue Mandarin Spawn. That was one of the greatest toy hunts ever.

Yeah, sethos, those Lovecraft figs look great!

I wonder how big they will be. judging from the detail on Dagon, they will have to be pretty big (of course, these are larger sized models of the final product)

I love the Dekkard but did anyone recognize the 2 highlanders?

On list:

Frank Black (thought it was a mistake with the white hair, but it´s in season three?Thanks for information! I´m just seing this series and I like it very well!!!

Connor McLeod (there can only be one!)

Duncan Mcleod (but this one belongs to family)

post-214-1109084217_thumb.jpg

post-214-1109084232_thumb.jpg

He looks like he's about to cry!

"No...*sniff*....there's...there's nothing wrong with me...chum.."

(I can't believe the Boy Wonder forgot our tenth anniversary was today!)

Guest spiderlegs

Hey, for any of you with extra dough to spend:

Darick Robertson has put up for auction on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5959172319

f9_12_sb.JPG

The Punisher

Custom 1:6th scale figure created by Marvel verteran artist

Darick Robertson

(Punisher, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Nightcrawler).

Based on the Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon version of the Punisher, this one of a kind hand created custom is an especially cool collectible for your 1:6th scale figure collection.

Darick Robertson brings his professional skill to this 1:6th scale Punisher figure,

fully poseable,

featuring a hand created symbol shirt

and accurate weapons and outfit.

Comes with Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist.

Figure is intended and created for display only.

speaking of cool figures, why oh why hasn't anybody hired the guy that did this costume  figure? I know I want one.

td-ah-1.jpg

td-ah-5.jpg

Oh.

My.

Fucking.

God.

That's a custom?!? I can't buy one?

I'm going to cry.