JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

Freaky confluence!

I only just saw that pic of Batman laying the smackdown on my good self this morning while last night I found that very same pic (on the monitor there) half jammed under my old PC.

Also : Funny.

Which pic do you mean, John? I must have missed it.

Guest spiderlegs
Freaky confluence!

I only just saw that pic of Batman laying the smackdown on my good self this morning while last night I found that very same pic (on the monitor there) half jammed under my old PC.

Also : Funny.

I got a chance to look at the first wave of Batman Begins figures last night, and I have to tell ya...they aren't very impressive, buddy! Not much articulation, stiff looking, and the likeness isn't Bale at all. Quite disappointing.

Guest spiderlegs

Did anyone hit the midnight madness STAR WARS ROTS sale last Friday? I'm too broke to be able to afford a $6 carded figure currently, but I wondered if anyone else got in on the booty?

my comic book store had lots of RotS figures today, but I just can't be bothered, despite the Vader figure being pretty damn good.

ACXchan, I still wanna buy the dragon on the wrecked tower, thought it looked great. but the one I bought now was my favourite.

EDIT: btw, I'm pleasantly surprised by the size: they seem slightly bigger than the usual McFarlane figures, but I could be mistaken.

Guest spiderlegs

One of my b-day gifts was a $50 STAR WARS gift card, so I picked 8 of them today: Grievous (with the four arms all wielding lightsabers--LOU, you will LOVE this figure!); Darth Vader, Grievi\ous' body guard, Anakin and Obi-wan in their fateful duel, R2-D2 and C-3P0, and I have forgotten the other one. Oh, Yoda...Yoda is not a good sculpt. I only got him because he was the last one on the rack. Same with 3P0.

Those dragons are looking sharp. STill haven'e decided which ones I'll be picking up.

One of my b-day gifts was a $50 STAR WARS gift card, so I picked 8 of them today: Grievous (with the four arms all wielding lightsabers--LOU, you will LOVE this figure!)......Anakin and Obi-wan in their fateful duel,

PICS!!!

I saw all of the new ROTS Unleashed figures this week. Grievous looks good. There's also a great set of Obi Wan and Anakin figures and you can put them together to recreate that duel in the volcano - bunch of lava flyin' everywhere and shit. Is that the set you got? Wave 2 is looking good too. Who's that bald lady on the bottom?

I myself scored Vega and Blanka from SOTA's Street Fighter lne. These figures are great. They don't have McFarlane quality sculpts although the sculpts are very good. What makes these figures great (aside from their dead on likenesses) is the articulation. These figures are very posable and very fun. Each comes with interchangable hands and heads for a variety of poses.

One of my b-day gifts was a $50 STAR WARS gift card, so I picked 8 of them today: Grievous (with the four arms all wielding lightsabers--LOU, you will LOVE this figure!); Darth Vader, Grievi\ous' body guard, Anakin and Obi-wan in their fateful duel, R2-D2 and C-3P0, and I have forgotten the other one. Oh, Yoda...Yoda is not a good sculpt. I only got him because he was the last one on the rack. Same with 3P0.

I bought the two Anakins. One with slashing action and the other with the coat. A littel small and the face isn´t like the actor´s. But I like them...and still change posing day after day.

Who's that bald lady on the bottom?

isn't that the evil Sith lady from the Clone Wars cartoon?

I think she´s called Asajj Ventress or so. She´s an enemy of Obi Wan and the jedi. If she´s a Sith, I don´t know Maybe it´s the Boba Fett situation which is only explained in the expanded universe and not in the movies.

ACXchan, I still wanna buy the dragon on the wrecked tower, thought it looked great. but the one I bought now was my favourite.

I love all of them. There's a comics, toys, and hobbies warehouse event thing that goes on two days a week by my house. I got those dragons for like $8 each so I'm thinking of going back for more. The Berserker dragon with rider is like $15 over there :biggrin:

I love all of them. There's a comics, toys, and hobbies warehouse event thing that goes on two days a week by my house. I got those dragons for like $8 each so I'm thinking of going back for more. The Berserker dragon with rider is like $15 over there :biggrin:

christ, that costs about three times as much here :angry: