JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

There's a few action figures and statues I want.

A Punihser one, Ghost Rider, Agent Graves from 100 bullets, Daredevil, Spider-man, and also a Deadpool one.

I'v been wanting to get the fully articulate Spider-man one, but sense I have younger cousins they'd think it was a toy and end up breaking it.

Yeah I want one. have it do all kinds of crazy positions. Like flipping someone off :lol: .

There's quite a few that I want, but when you live near a bunch of ignorant little kids. They will prety much ask nonstop questions about them, and them end up breaking em. :mad:

I wish I would have known that because I've seen three of them lately. Let me know if you want me to hook one up for you, I'll see what I can do.

edit -

I got these and these today. They are the super articulate Japanese ones like the Batman and Catwoman I got. I'll get some sweet pics up when I get around to opening them.

Oh and I got this today! Thanks to Andy who picked it up at SDCC.

I wish I would have known that because I've seen three of them lately. Let me know if you want me to hook one up for you, I'll see what I can do.

Lou, that's ok. I'm a bit short on cash right now, so I'd better leave it be. thanks for the offer though!

Here's pics of my AVP Microman haul as made by Takara. Expensive little fuckers as they are imported from Japan but they are well worth it. Each figure features alternate, interchangeable heads and hands, a large variety of weapons and an insane amount of articulation for maximum posability. Same deal like the Batman and Catwoman pics some of y'all may have seen. Very tiny, less than four inches, but way more fun than those statues posing as action figures.

I really dig Takara's Microman stuff but the quality of these don't seem to be up to par. They use some very soft plastic in a lot of places and it doesn't stay on the part very well. Alien Queen's headpiece comes to mind. I can't get it to stay on for the life of me and I don't have any glue right now.

My Celtic Predator's leg fell off for absolutely no reason. Broken at the joint. Bummer! He's my favorite one. I fixed that by putting his head on Scar's body and using Scar's body instead. Now I got a bum Scar but I'll fix him proper later on. Celtic's the man anyways.

First one I opened was Alien.

P1010457.JPG

Great figure, although he suffers from a loose leg joint. I've never, ever had a problem with loose joints on a Takara figure before. Great accessories, come in handy as you can see. SOft plastic carapice doesn't stay on his head, soft plastic hands aren't as smooth to maneuver as plastic ones.

On to the Predators.

P1010458.JPG

These are some bad little mofos. I'm pissed that Celtic's leg came off but I got a temporary fix until I can think of something better. In all of the pics you see here, Scar's leg completely broken free and just carefully put into place.

P1010459.JPG

Celtic is the man.

Get off me beeyotch!

P1010460.JPG

P1010461.JPG

The whole fam damily. Love the Predator mask on Elder's shoulder.

P1010463.JPG

Now I had to take this pic because Alien Queen's lid wouldn't stay on. I'll cure that with some glue. But she suffers from the week joints also, which is really uncharacteristic of Takara's stuff. But she may have been a little sauced up.

P1010462.JPG

Given all the possibilities I could sit for hours and take pics of these bad little fuckers. And I will one day, when I re-create Dead End using these figures. But for now this is all I got. Maybe later I'll take pics of them compared to their McFarlane counterparts.

Shame about the plastic quality problems, but those are still some fucking bad-ass toys. Sweet!

Yeah...loved 'em. I keep meaning to pick up those figures...I've seen them in the shops, and they do look awesome.

Ah, well. As soon as I can afford it...

Looks nice. Lou what does your fience think of you having all those toys lined up around the apartment.? :lol: