JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

I saw an unfinished sculpt of the comic Hellboy's head as well as the Goon.

We are in for some serious treats!

Those James Bond figures have good facial details but the clothes on all five figures are just too big. It looks like Sean Connery's suit is a few sizes larger than it should be. For the record I was tempted to purchase one of the Timothy Dalton figures (someone has to buy one) but the whole clothing thing just makes it look odd.

Playmates didn't renew their lisence after series 16.

I for one look to McFarlane for the sick, highly detailed cool shit. Not shit like this. I'm not at all thrilled about this but I'm sure there are some who are so goody for them.

Also, Sean, they are releasing all the info on the upcoming lines for 2005 on Friday's Toyfest so stay tuned.

Playmates didn't renew their lisence after series 16.

I for one look to McFarlane for the sick, highly detailed cool shit. Not shit like this. I'm not at all thrilled about this but I'm sure there are some who are so goody for them.

Also, Sean, they are releasing all the info on the upcoming lines for 2005 on Friday's Toyfest so stay tuned.

yeah, I saw that! maybe some pics of the second Dragons line and stuff. hopefully there's some cool stuff coming out.

actually, come to think of it, what action figure (or inaction figure, if we're talking about McFarlane) do you wnat to see made?

I'm dying for good Indiana Jones, Ahnulhd as Conan and Sadako from the Ring (the Japanese version) figures.

actually, come to think of it, what action figure (or inaction figure, if we're talking about McFarlane)  do you wnat to see made?

I'm dying for good Indiana Jones, Ahnulhd as Conan and Sadako from the Ring (the Japanese version) figures.

Well, the problem with making figures is in the lisence. So let's pretend that there's no such thing.

GWAR

Cliff Burton CCX (original Metallica bassist collector's club exclusive)

Indiana Jones and the Well of Souls box set

Travis Bickle - two versions - mohawked and armed to the teeth and skinny shirtless in training

ED-209 - this is very much a possibility

More Iron Maiden figures

Judge Dredd

Judge Death

I'll post some more as I think of them. I always like a good ol McF wishlist!

I prefer Todd's.

sincity_marv_photo_05_dp.jpg

They used Geoff Darrow as the model for Kevin's head on that one.

sincity_deathrowmarv_photo_02_dl.jpg

This one shakes when you throw the switch and his eyes light up and he says "Is that the best you can do, you pansies?" and he sounds just like CVharlton Heston when he says it.

I have the McFarlane version, and it is indeed wonderful. not sure about the electric chair one, though there was a huge deal made of it in the Dutch news ("look! somebody is selling a figure of a guy getting electrocuted to kids! how dare they!"). of course, it soon died down, but still.

I'm quite pissed off...

Word, this Monsters 4: Twisted Fairy Tales line is really looking to suck.

And the Simpson's lisence? Who the fuck cares? Simpsons have been done to death!

And now McF announces that they're doing toys, bendable figures, candles, plush dolls, ornaments and other nonsense bullshit for Tim Burton's new stop-animation movie called 'Corpse Bride'

Here's alink to that: http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=12523

Man this sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. Of all the lisences to get out there to grab they go for this shit? Plush dolls? Bendy toys? Ornaments?

What the fuck happened to the company that raised the bar for all other toy companies? What the fuck happened to cutting edge hardcore super detailed kick ass shit? Now we're peddling cartoon toys for the kids? Is the loss to Tony Twist sapping that much out of your company that you have to pander to this mainstream bullshit? Sounds a bit like a fucking sellout to me.

Why no Mortal Combat or Resident Evil 4 figures? I know those lisences are up for grabs because the prior producers dropped them.

Toyfest 2005 will be revealed today sometime and if they don't announce some kick ass shit I'm going to be even more pissed off. What the fuck?

Oh and he also has the rights for Bram Stoker's Dracula. Who the fuck cares? That movie sucked ass!

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=12509

There better be some good news about Movie Maniacs 8 today or I'm gonna drop Todd McF like I dropped the weed.

At least we have Dragons and Soldiers to look forward to.

:icon_evil: :mad: :icon_mgun: :icon_twosgun: :icon_2gun: :icon_sam:

to be honest, I could live with a figure of Lucy in her white burial dress from Bram Stoker's Dracula. say what you will about the flick: visually it looked great (excellent soundtrack as well).

As far as the Corpse's Bride is concerned, it's going to b something like Nightmare Before Christmas in appearance, so I'm guessing McFarlane is thinking about the insane amount of merchandise from that flick that is selling in Japan and such places...

Resident Eil 4 would be cool, but I don't think the last line sold particularly well. plus, I'd much rather see some cool as fuck Silent Hill 2 figures. specifically Maria and Pyramid Head.

but anyway, yeah, I hope he steps away from this softcore bullshit and gives us some awesome movie figures before Neca, Mezco and SOTA take away all the licenses. Please, somebody, make a cool lumbering or crawling Sadako figure.

Resident Evil 4 would be cool, but I don't think the last line sold particularly well.

Well, Palisades finally found their stroke by the third series (many of them sculpted by SOTA) and I thought it was picking up some steam. Then - BAM! - Capcom yanks the lisence. Why? And if so why didn't McF take it up somehow? Plus RE 4 is getting insanely popular right now. Ah well, I'm just a crabby fan-boy. Let's wait 'til Toyfest before I get all shitty.

Have I posted the links to Conan series 2 already? Those look good.

to be honest, I could live with a figure of Lucy in her white burial dress from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Todd just now made an announcement on MLB Radio that no human likenesses will be used for the line.

to be honest, I could live with a figure of Lucy in her white burial dress from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Todd just now made an announcement on MLB Radio that no human likenesses will be used for the line.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? so what does that mean? just a drac as wolf and drac as vampir figure? what's the point of that? jesus, what a waste.

Yeah a wolf, that bat thingy and...I dunno...maybe his brides or summat? No Drac in armor or old ass drac or drac in top hat. Oh well, more money in my pocket I guess.