JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

I've been thinking about the Corpse Bride line and I feel that in the long run it can only be a good thing. Hopefully Todd will make a ton of money off this property which will allow him to do more in-house stuff like Tortured Souls, Spawn, Soldiers and Monsters....maybe free up some cash for other movie or game properties. It's a sound business decision.

There's a huge conflict between people that buy the wierd stuff and people who buy his Sportspicks (I like both). What many folks don't realize is that it's the Sportspicks that sell like crazy, not the other stuff. So without the income from the Sportspicks McF wouldn't have the dough to bring us the other stuff like Spawn.

So it's all good in the hood and as they say, don't like it then don't buy it.

Now as for HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I think it's NECA that has that property and I think it's based on the coming movie? I used to watch the show as a wee nipper but I can't remember too much about it.

From today's Spawn.com daily update: One thing you may notice while sifting through the new action figure details is MOVIE MANIACS 8 is not one of the lines being revealed. Have no fear, we still have every intention of providing you with the eighth installment of the original movie-themed action figure line, but details are not yet ready to be released.

:sad:

Edited by Lou K

Presumably Gretal will be another tarted up bint.

How right you are.

monsters4_gretel_photo_01_dp.jpg

I'm getting sick of this. Why does every female figure have to look like this?

At any rate, Toyfest just went live so I'll be providing y'all with full coverage. 56 K better just go home.

Peter Pumpkin Eater

monsters4_peter_photo_01_dp.jpg

Humpty Dumpty

monsters4_humpty_photo_02_dp.jpg

Y'all seen Red and Hansel already.

And now Little Miss Muffet

monsters4_muffet_photo_01_dp.jpg

I am so totally passing on this line. They all look like crap with maybe Peter as the exception.

OK here we go. Not as many pics as I had hoped for but some good news in there.

AVP series 2 line up sounds great! No piccies

Aliens versus Predator 2 - This is going to be good. I may have to get all of them.

Spawn series 28 (no pics) - Oh my god! Zombie Spawn 2, Mandarin Spawn 2, Lotus Angel Warrior 2! Some of my favorite figures getting brand new sculpts!

Spawn Reborn 3 (no pics) - Nothing to write home about. Repaints of old figures.

Wallace and Grommit line announced 3 and 6 inch figures and more (no pics)

Plus 2 Simpson's box sets and Corpse Bride but y'all knew that.

In music news

New Elvis

other_presley4_photo_01_dp.jpg

Plus a second Motley Crue box set.

In Sports news - no piccies

NBA 9 - No pics but I am SO happy we'll be getting Rip Hamilton from the Detroit Pistons. Pretty thrilled about Dwyane Wade (he really spells his name like that) but I only buy Pistons shit.

NFL 11

NFL 12

NHL Legends 3

Team Canada

MLB 12

And to top it all off a pic from the new soldiers line

2005.02.potm.full.jpg

Check it all out right here.

I hope I didn't forget anything. There will be more revealed as time goes on and new pics added.

wow. Monsters 4 looks absolutely AWFUL. the only line I was curious about was the new Movie Maniacs line and that's not up... also, no Dragons series 2 pics up, dammit.

I dunno, it really seems like McFarlane has lost it...

BTW, thanks for the PM, Lou!

no sweat sean, de nada.

they said they have plans for MM 8 but they can't be revealed yet...pesky rights and all.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like MM 7 with 2 movie figures and then 4 from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003. If MM 8 has 2 figures and then 4 from Dracula I will be fucking pissed.

Administrators on Spawn dot fuck says that the AVP sets will be 'mini-dioramas'. A lt of people are pissed that they won't be in scale with the first line but if you look at the figure listing there's no way they could be. I think they are gonna rock, myself.

And what the fuck is that Monsters 4 shit? Oh well, more money in my pocket.

because she dresses like a tart and will get what's coming to her.

now kneel on these thumbtacks and pray to Jesus for forgiveness of the horrible things you just saw you little sinner....

sean, what do you think of wallace and grommit being made by McF?

I dunno. the movie is coming out around Christmas, isn't it? I just don't really want that kind of merchandise. I mean, I like the W&C short flicks, and will probably love the movie as well, but the merchandise is definitely gonna be aimed at kids. which means that McFarlane will have to try very hard indeed to make sturdy toys for once.

dammit! I want to see what the line up for the next movie maniacs series is!

That Miss Muffet figure'll go down a storm with masturbation-frenzied Japanese businessmen stereotypes. It's got it all.

no sweat sean, de nada.

they said they have plans for MM 8 but they can't be revealed yet...pesky rights and all.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like MM 7 with 2 movie figures and then 4 from Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003. If MM 8 has 2 figures and then 4 from Dracula I will be fucking pissed.

Administrators on Spawn dot fuck says that the AVP sets will be 'mini-dioramas'. A lt of people are pissed that they won't be in scale with the first line but if you look at the figure listing there's no way they could be. I think they are gonna rock, myself.

And what the fuck is that Monsters 4 shit? Oh well, more money in my pocket.

ah, hadn't seen this one on the previous page. anyway, I though A vs P was an utterly SHITE flick, so I'll be giving those a miss. plus, I'm quite happy with my Alien Queen and ALien 3 dog Alien already. I was severely disappointed by McFarlane's figure of the original ALIEN. it just didn't look like the movie version enough, I thought.

I hope MM8 will figure some truly cool cult things, but I'm guessing it will indeed consist of at least 3 Dracula figures. :angry:

the monsters 4 thing is disappointing, but McFarlane has been heading for this softcore shit for a couple of years now. though, to be fair, I actually liked the Elizabeth Bathory figure of the last line.

Yeah, I liked Bathory too.

MM 8 will be pusehd back to early 2006.

And here's NECA's yellow bastard from the new SC flick.

yellowbpose.jpg

you can see Arthur Dent here and Marvin here. just scroll down both pages to the "related images" thing and click on those to see bigger pics.

can't remember if I posted this before, but this is pretty much the only Sideshow figure I'd ever really want, except for the fact it's the X-Files/Millennium season 3 Frank Black, with white hair. I preferred his hair black. the likeness is pretty impressive though...

78041_image03.jpg

EDIT: Lou, did ya see this 1/4 scale Hellboy? RIGHT HERE

Cool! Frank Black was in X Files?

And the world needs a good Lance Henrikson figure. A Bishop would be nice too!

Cool! Frank Black was in X Files?

And the world needs a good Lance Henrikson figure. A Bishop would be nice too!

yeah, indeed! or him as the vampire leader in Near Dark... and yeah, Frank Black starred in an X-Files episode, after Millennium died down. I hated it, as they made him look like a lunatic, and the whole episode was focused on Scully and Mulder kissing at the end of it all..

that is some likeness!!!

I love Lance Henriksen.

And Lou - will you buy that HellBoy figure? 250$ ain't cheap, but it's gorgeous...

that is some likeness!!!

I love Lance Henriksen.

And Lou - will you buy that HellBoy figure? 250$ ain't cheap, but it's gorgeous...

I agree, that is a great likeness. i dig Lance Henriksen much and much.

Wait a sec...which $250 Hellboy figure? I missed something....no I ain't buyin' it but...

You shouldn't have too much trouble hooking up an Abe Sapien figure Keeyah.

:o Fuck that Hellboy fig is BAD ASS!!! I ain't got that kind of cake tho. Fuck I don't even have a job.