JohnMcMahon

The Toy Thread

I want a Luba action from Love & Rockets (preferably the Poison River era). with a hammer, of course.

I wanted to say I want an Oldboy action figure, but to my surprise there already was one (well, it's a custom job, but it's pretty stunning).

0045_body1.jpg

EDIT: here's the guy it's based on:

oldboy.jpg

Guest spiderlegs

I'll bet he doesn't have this one:

grievous.gif

(More views, courtesy of RebelScum.com)

Also picked up these happy fellows, all on sale for $3 ea.

figures.jpg

Picked them up last night at Wal-Mart. They had all 4 ROTS Preview figures:

Grievous

(Yet another) astromech droid

A Wookie Warrior

And a fella goes by the name of Tion Medon

sneakwave.jpg

Is this different from the one you picked up, Lou?

Is this different from the one you picked up, Lou?

The Grievous? The grievous I want is still a prototype, prolly won't be out for a while. It's part of the larger scale 'Unleashed' line.

Scored the new Super Posable Spiderman, tho, and I must say he's bad ass. Totally has the McFarlane Spidey look and has a serious amount of articulation. Sorta makes me wish I didn't hock the Sandman on EBay.

I treid to post pics of the Grievous Unleashed prototype (it really is bad ass!) but they were taken off line and now I can't find them. :sad:

Be assued that once I get a hold of them they will be up here.

[EDIT] Oh! You mean the new super posable spidey don't you mark? Hang on....

That's exactly what I meant, Lou. I want another Spidey fight. You're the ToyMaster...get right on it, damn yer eyes!

Here we are...

Guardian of the city

P1280138.JPG

Someone's in trouble!

P1280139.JPG

Take that motherfucker! (this one's for Chris)

P1280140.JPG

whoa! where can one buy this figure? it's awesome!

EDIT: I managed to fins the Spider-Man 2 game for my PS2 for 20 Euro, and I love it! haven't even bothered with the storyline missions yet, just enjoying swinging around...

sethos I got mine at Wal-Mart.

I love the Spiderman video games because of all the web slinging and wall crawling.

I quite like the first game for PS1 based on the comic. It fucking rules to be crawling on the cieling and dropping down on your enemies, tying them up with webbing and kicking all sorts of ass.

this one is even better, Lou: you pretty much get all of New York to websling through, it has a bit of a GTA feel to it, very open ended.

Is that the one based on the movie? I think my little nephew has that - I may have to ask him to borrow it.

Is that the one based on the movie? I think my little nephew has that - I may have to ask him to borrow it.

yeah, it's based on the Spidey 2 movie. a great game, it really is.

and damn, Gail is looking mondo cool. funny, I hate that SM shit McFarlane is doing with their monsters line, but this is rather good.

damn, Gail is looking mondo cool. funny, I hate that SM shit McFarlane is doing with their monsters line, but this is rather good.

Well i think the difference is that in this case it is totally and completely in context with both the comic and movie version so it works. It's not like taking Gretel and making her out to be some Gen X bimbo.

why oh why does McFarlane insist on using highly stylized photographs that usually look nothing like the finished product all the time? oh wait...

Anyway, I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed.. right now the only one I'll buy for sure is the Fire Dragon (which looks aces) and if the knight on the horse and the fire bit on the shield don't suck, the Beserker Dragon. the others just don't look that great....

Guest spiderlegs

The Star Wars: ROTS full figure lineup is here. I'd post the jpeg, but I'm afraid it dips a bit into spoiler territory. It's just the checklist, no images.

Hmmmmm...3 things...

Palatine is on that list twice? I wonder if it's like a Senator Palpatine and then maybe a more twisted 'Sidious' Palpatine. [EDIT] And then there's a Chancelor Palpatine too?

And also Chewbacca's on the list. Sweet! How long do wookies live? Long time I guess!

And then Captain Antilles? Wedge? Or maybe his dad?

the others (Dragons - LK) just don't look that great....

Plus they're really small. I may pick up the Sorcerer's Dragon but we'' just have to see how they look in person.

Edited by Lou K

And also Chewbacca's on the list. Sweet! How long do wookies live? Long time I guess!

Maybe Chewbacca has the same name as his father, and that's who this is. So Chewwy from Episodes 3-6 is really Chewbacca Jr.