A. Heathen

BISLEY !

Not to appear too contrary but I enjoyed Millar's take on Constantine during his Swamp Thing run.

That may be the last comic work of Millar's I ever enjoyed.

I enjoyed both The Ultimates and even his Wolverine run more than what I've read of his Swamp Thing, although the latter was by no means shabby (and it was, indeed, a pretty decent stab at Constantine). Those two exceptions aside, though, I'm more or less in Ade's camp.

He'll never top Superman Adventures for me.

I'm not saying I'm a huge fan of Mark Millar in any way.

I never was.

I was just naming some Millar books I've enjoyed.

I gave up on reading all Millar titles for a time. I think shortly after Ultimate X-Men started, but then I went back and picked up some of his work I skipped, like The Ultimates, and thought it was at the very least worth a read.

I don't want to see Millar on Hellblazer though.

Millar more than Winnick, of course.

I've never been a fan of Bisley's, but I've also never hated on the guy. Ditto for Camuncoli.

Neither seem tailored for the horror genre (this is still a horror book, right? Right? Oh...) but I'm curious to see where this all goes for two reasons:

1) Milligan can pull it off. He masterfully directed Allred's art during their X-Force/X-Statix run, he could do it here with Camuncoli.

2) If nothing else, this is a welcome relief to all the brown.

I really like that cover. The style reminds me a bit of Enki Bilal, whom I would absolutely love to have illustrate a HB story or two.

Quite like Bisley's art myself though that cover is the definition of generic - nice job on the scar mind.

Johns on Hellblazer would be...interesting, he wrote a particularly awful creator owned horror mini at Image.

Some of his superhero writing is really enjoyable, I'd certainly be interested in readin his take on Constantine - oh for that 'Tales' book oft discussed here.

Are we sure that's Bisley? John isn't stripped to the waist and wielding an axe.

Stripped to the waist and wielding an axe?

:blink:

fortheloveofgodwhy.jpg

I don't think so.

Yes, I know that's not an axe.

The really strange thing is that Mark already had that picture, he didn't make it up for this thread.

Aye, what took him so long to post it was he had to choose from his extensive collection :tongue:

That really is a genius piece of awful though, Mark! And I still don't know what the original comment you were responding too either!

Before he did Judgement on Gotham and those Doom Patrol covers, Bisley was best known for painting Slaine: The Horned God. It was a pretty feeble attempt at a joke, admittedly.

Before he did Judgement on Gotham and those Doom Patrol covers, Bisley was best known for painting Slaine: The Horned God. It was a pretty feeble attempt at a joke, admittedly.

The Mike Carey comment not the Slaine comment :laugh:

The Mike Carey comment not the Slaine comment :laugh:

Doh!

No, I find that a bit puzzling myself.

Congrats to Simon. I hope he finds a way to challenge himself and have fun with this awesome character.

Lee told me he was splitting a little while back. I was bummed but I completely understood his reasoning.

He did some really GREAT work on this book.

- TB