londonsurrealist

Bring me Constantine

I just stumbled on something very strange. There's a video on Yoou Tube where somebody has made a cover version of David Bowie's "Bring me the Disco King" and made a cut-up of the better bits from "Constantine" to accompany it. Given the sheer joy of not having Keanu's acting other than running and jumping, it is a vast improvement on the original and is a nice take on the song as well.

Sorry, either I'm an idiot, very tired or a bit of both, I meant to post the link:

Still being an idiot, the song is apparently from the soundtrack of Underworld which I've not seen. :blush:

Oh, I dunno.

With Kate Beckinsdale in a black leather cat suit it has a damn sight more going for it that Constantine.

I've never actually seen it, though.

No one should be feeling sorry for not having seen Underworld, horrible movie.

Yes, even more horrible than Constantine.

You have a point, though I wouldn't go quite as far as you. Still...

I await in horror the day someone makes

Too skinny. She's cute, but if we're going by those criteria, Rachel Weisz in a bathtub > Beckinsale in a catsuit, easy.

That said, I haven't seen Underwired either. Malin assures me that I wouldn't enjoy it, and she tends to be pretty reliable with that sort of assessment.

Too skinny. She's cute, but if we're going by those criteria, Rachel Weisz in a bathtub > Beckinsale in a catsuit, easy.

+1

(edited for self-censorship)

Oh I thought this was going to be a video of Morecambe and Wise singing about John Constantine.

Carry on.

Too skinny ...... Rachel Weisz in a bathtub > Beckinsale in a catsuit, easy.

Mark speaks the truth.

That said, I haven't seen Underwired either. Malin assures me that I wouldn't enjoy it, and she tends to be pretty reliable with that sort of assessment.

It is a pretty awful movie, which cannot even be rescued by a woman in a skintight catsuit. I turned it off before the end, which is saying a lot for me.

Oh wait a minute, there was a moment in last night's Big Bang Theory where they all went to the comic shop and the comic shop guy was an actual realistic friendly knowledgable guy, pretty much a cooler version of Leonard.

Penny falls for him a bit:

until he meets Sheldon and gets into a Bat-Nerd discussion. When she rightly falls asleep.

During the course of her question about a comic for her nephew, something like this occurs:

"What would I give a 13 year old boy?"

"A 13 year old girl."

"Seriously"

"Hellblazer - it's about a hard smoking, foul mouthed Englishman (further description I cannot recall)"

It's season 2 episode 20 "The Hofstadter Isotope" if you want to check out the nerd comedy.

Aye, Abhi mentioned it the other week.

Hellblazer was (very accurately) namechecked in last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory which contained possibly the most comic book references (again, all accurate as far as I can tell) in a half hour of mainstream TV that I've ever seen.

It was an excellent namecheck. I'm sure the words "lung cancer" and "amoral" were in there somewhere, along with "haunted by the ghosts of his dead friends"

Between Hellblazer, general comic stuff, and references to the Trials and Tribble-ations it was geek heaven.

But the comic store guy was wrong, surely - they couldn't really

give the Bat-cowl to Jason Todd, could they

????

She's right again. Despite being a big connoisseur of images of Kate Beckinsale, I couldn't make it further than 20 minutes in.

I love that series more each day it passes.

Big Bang Theory made my day.

the Big Bang clip.

Wow. Funny. AND true. :boogie:

"A morally anbigues confidence man who smokes, has lung cancer and is tormented by the spirits of the undead."

And sure we get Underworld II and a prequel, but still no Dog Soldiers 2.

But we do get The Descent 2

There's no Neil Marshall involvement, so my hopes for a good movie are fairly limited, but I'll probably give it a go at some point.

Underworld 3 is on RIGHT NOW, which is why I'm here attempting to avoid a pumped up Tony Blair as a werewolf.

And if that ain't horror, i don't know what is.

Underworld 3 is on RIGHT NOW, which is why I'm here attempting to avoid a pumped up Tony Blair as a werewolf.

Something that doesn't sound a wet dream David Blunkett had while drunk one evening?