RavynLoony

Green Lantern

Meh

I will reserve judgement on Reynolds

Lively is HORRIBLE!

The CG of Hal's costume is not good

Overall, I am not impressed. This does not make me want to rush out to go see this

Yeah, Kate, that's sort of the feeling I got. Especially with the whole Hal Jordan; comedic playboy routine. CGI suit looks kind of lame, don't see a lot of green energy effects, but the other lanterns look really cool.

Ok, take Ryan Reynolds out! Then replace him with the greatness that is Nathan Fillion!

Just let that roll around in your brain

That would help a lot!

Sinestro looked damn cool

ahhhhhh much better

Thanks for picking up what I was dropping off, Kate :hattip:

Really though, I like that trailer better

That spoof trailer is very very good work. And yes, he would have been better in the part.

Never been much into Green Lantern. Also I amn't into Iron Man and I haven't watched it, so probably I won't be into this. Said already that I don't know anything about Green Lantern (aside that Batman punched him), I have to say that the trailer looks more interesting than the trailer of Iron Man 1.

In other news, Ryan Reynolds is going to be the live action Hal Jordan.

Was Chris Evans busy, or something?

WOW! That is so much better than the 1st trailer. I also like the distinct lack of Blake Lively. Is it just me or have the polished up the special effect a bit?

Seeing the whole Corps standing as one, shining their rings into the heavens gave me a tingle.

And, TOMAR-RE!!! One of my favorite Lanterns. But I've not been able to sort out if he's a bird or a fish or what.

I trhuink we just saw the best bits of that movie?.

But that was far better than I had been fearing.

Yeah, that was quite a lot better than the previous one. Still not entirely convinced though.

The mask is well ropey, I'm not sure about the human villain but the big nasty yellow bastard is exactly the kind of thing I want in superhero movies.

The mask is well ropey...

Yep. "Lame" is the word I'd have gone for. Didn't mind the rest, though.

Seeing the whole Corps standing as one, shining their rings into the heavens gave me a tingle.

Bwah hah ha! biggrin.gif

Bwah hah ha! biggrin.gif

Don't be laughing at my tinlge, son! Messing with a nerd-gasm can result in nerd-rage. And you want NO part of that. :laugh:

Don't be laughing at my tinlge, son!

Never mind your tingle. "Ring" means "anus" in UK and ANZ slang.

It looks...well, aside from some presumably unfinished CGI, it doesn't actually look bad at all. But I really, really hope that was a collection of clips compiled very specifically for the nerd-hardcore audience, because there was absolutely fuck-all in there which I can see to appeal to anyone who doesn't already know if they want to go and see a Green Lantern movie. And since that's a couple of hundred thousand people, max, they're going to have to come up with something a bit more compelling on a human level if this film isn't going to flop.

Iron Man was a success because people who'd never heard of Tony Stark saw the trailer, which was full of Robert Downey Jr. being funny and charming, and thought it looked like fun. Behind all those impressive CGI planetscapes, there's virtually nothing in that entire 4 minutes which resembles a recognizable human emotion, and they're going to need to find a way of selling this film to a wider audience who, in the absence of the "ooh! That's Abin Sur!" factor, seem to care about irrelevant guff like "characters", "emotions*" and "accessibility".

I'll be very curious to see the first proper trailer.

*Something which, in a Green Lantern film of all things, really shouldn't be too hard to work into the story in a meaningful way.

Iron Man was a success because people who'd never heard of Tony Stark saw the trailer, which was full of Robert Downey Jr. being funny and charming, and thought it looked like fun.

Maybe they're hoping Ryan Renolds will produce the same effect?

Iron Man was a success because people who'd never heard of Tony Stark saw the trailer, which was full of Robert Downey Jr. being funny and charming, and thought it looked like fun.

Maybe they're hoping Ryan Renolds will produce the same effect?

Yeah - he's got the comedic chops for it, certainly (and not to put too fine a point on it, but he looks great with his shirt off, which certainly won't hurt). As I said, I'll be interested to see what the general-audience trailers look like - I'd suspect, and hope, that they'll be very different in tone to this one.

I liked how they SHOWED that he was a man without fear, in the clip, rather than told people it as exposition.

The trailer doesn't look bad,it just doesn't look like a Green Lantern movie,that I am going to enjoy.

Hats off for trying.Mark Strong as Sinestro sounds great.Reynolds,on the other hand,hasn't earned the right to hold Hal Jordans coffee.