RavynLoony

Green Lantern

It certainly looks a lot better than the Green Lantern movie.

I'm becoming slightly worried by how emotionally invested I find myself in this Muppets relaunch being both good and successful. I'm generally pretty good at keeping myself detached from this sort of thing - Constanteen, Watchmen, the new version of The Prisoner...none of them left me with anything much more than an "oh well, that wasn't very good" reaction, despite how much I care about the original versions of each. I'm even fairly sure that it wouldn't have bothered me if Abrams' Trek had turned out sucky (although it was a very pleasant surprise when it didn't).

But if they fuck up The Muppets, I'm going to be angry (worth noting that thus far they haven't put a foot wrong - everything from the viral YouTube videos through to the current wave of trailers has been nigh-perfect). I don't think I've felt this way since just before the Doctor Who relaunch.

I don't care much for Jason Segel's two off-kilter grins, he can get a decent performance at times, but this seems like him in HIMYM mode, and that is not my cup of tea.

Still want the Muppets movie to be brilliant, though, and so far, other than his mug, it looks really fun and funny.

Whereas I've really liked Segel in just about everything I've seen him in, which bodes well - I've always found him a consistently likeable and engaging screen presence, even when the material he's working with hasn't been the best.

Is there going to be a Muppets TV programme again?.

It almost seems like another age of the world since we had them last. Everything has changed.

Just came from it. Truly uninspired and just plain boring. The only thing I actually liked was Blake Lively, surprisingly. The trailers seem to purposely make her look bad when she's actually one of the extremely few saving graces of the film IMO.

Yeah... I've given up, by now. And you know I've been a supporter despitte everything. Still hope to see Kilowog kick some ass, and hop that will be worth the ticket-price.

I might go see it at a 1/2 price matinee, if only for the other lanterns and special effects.

I saw it too. Really quite bad as Greg said. Not even worth discussing as such. It's not even bad in an interesting way.

Damn! This is sounding worse and worse. The best review I've heard was basically "it's ok"

You are saying that I, as a BIG Green Lantern fan, would cry from seeing this?

Yeah... I've given up, by now. And you know I've been a supporter despitte everything. Still hope to see Kilowog kick some ass, and hop that will be worth the ticket-price.

Kilowog is hardly around and kicks minimal ass. The other Lanterns are relegated to a strictly secondary role. Even Sinestro had a lot less screentime than I thought he would. It was all pretty much Reynolds, Lively and Sarsgaard (who was the movie's highlight in his creepy interpretation of Hammond). Lively was required to be pleasantly pretty and didn't really get much opportunity to show the acting chops that she does seem to possess.

I saw it too. Really quite bad as Greg said. Not even worth discussing as such. It's not even bad in an interesting way.

Whoa. I value your opinion on movies quite strongly. And that comment was the equivelent of the old fashioned maul to the forehead at the slaughterhousehouse for my thoughts on going to see this.

Not even interestingly bad. *Crack* legs shoot out sideways, down goes the cattle beast.

Clearly im the only one who really, really liked it...

Clearly im the only one who really, really liked it...

Well, I'm seeing it sunday, so all hope is not yet lost. (Although I seriously do not expect to like it)