Shawn

Iron Man 2

I wonder if Whiplash is going to have his S&M outfit in this film?

heh

Excuse my ignorance, but huh?

I wonder if Whiplash is going to have his S&M outfit in this film?

heh

Excuse my ignorance, but huh?

You'll have to thank Joe Quesada for thinking it'd be a good idea to dress a character named "Whiplash" who carries a big, well, whip around in a dominatrix outfit when he was writing the Iron Man comic.

euh... what is, exactly, S&M for you, Christian?

whiplash.jpg

This looks more like a cyber-nazi from hell than a dominatrix!

Ah, ok! there are other designs! Now yes, it's S&M.

Whiplash(New)_Head.jpg

138661-144497-whiplash_super.jpg

Scarlet Johansen as Black Widdow?

BAH!

How I loathe her. :mad:

Also, I'm saddened by their choice of Nick Fury. Yeah, I know, Ultimate.

:blush:

For Fury I'd go with an alive, perhaps younger Charlton Heston. Or Eastwood circa Eiger Sanction.

But withut a time machine or a Lazarus pit, I'd go with Bruce Willis.

Mr Rourke!

:) Can't wait to see this, love the idea of him saying "No thanks" to the Senate, but it wouldn't wash would it. No way on earth the US g'ment would allow anyone alive to pack bigger ordinance than it.

Was that the War Machine, his trenchmate?.

Thanks for the easy-access trailers, Slinker. The ones on Rottentomatoes are covered in ads.

I thought Tony Stark was supposed to be suave, not the juvenile jerkoff in those trailers. The movie could still be a hoot though.

I thought Tony Stark was supposed to be suave, not the juvenile jerkoff

I thought he was supposed to be both. That's what he was in the first film.

The Comic-Con trailer shows Stark refusing Fury's offer to join the Avengers, so I'm guessing he eventually does join as a way to avoid having to give the government his armor.

As to Stark's behavior; this movie is supposed to be dealing with his alcoholism. It won't be "Demon in a Bottle" but there are to be elements of it.

Right. That's what I was thinking. He's acting that way because the alcoholism is taking over more.

He did act a bit of both in the first movie, but he did have more control over his drinking.

The juvenile act being for show would be far too much a copy of Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins. That would be a poor idea.

How ironic that Stark has problems with the US government over his armour, while years later in the Civil War comic, Stark takes over the government so he can control everyone else's superpowers.

The early-1980s Iron Man comic really played up a lot of that aspect of Tony Stark. The US government was usually meddling in the affairs of his corporation, expecting him to pay taxes and shite (fucking bureaucrat vampires), and he had to work against government regulation.

The characterization of Stark in Civil War was so flagrantly at odds with his characterization from after he refused to make weapons for the government (for those few years). Mostly under David Michiline.

Denny O'Neil steered the book away from the pro-corporate stuff, for obvious reasons.