Shawn

Iron Man 2

We tried staying for after the credits, but they stopped the projector.

All in all it was good. Nowhere near as awesome as the first one though. The firsta half dragged a bit, and the fight scenes were nowhere near as epic as I thought. As well as a bit anti-climatic.

Also, is it only me or has Tony Stark regressed a bit characterwise? Pressure of his job not-with standing. His scenes were snarky but not moving.

War Machine!

Also, what happened to the scene with Pepper kissing the Iron Man Helmet and dropping it for Tony to fly after it?

Ah, I didn't stay after the credits.

Re: Pepper.

If you had a person you had known a long time, as cute as her, as funny and compassionate, intelligent, wise even, with that smile, and whom you must know at least has affection for you, why would you even LOOK at another woman?. . . oh, that's right, all men are dogs*, or so Hollywood would like us to believe. :icon_rolleyes:

* Some of us aspire to be, because of course dogs is better.

Also, what happened to the scene with Pepper kissing the Iron Man Helmet and dropping it for Tony to fly after it?

I was thinking the same thing. I thought it would be when he drops in on the Stark Expo early in the film but no!

Cut for pacing reasons, I'd expect.

Kind of a dick move, really, throwing a man's head out an airplane.

That sucks to know they took it out. I was looking forward to that scene.

Pepper Potts kissed Tony Stark's helmet.

huurh huurh hnuurh

1220647571Beavis_and_Butt-head.jpg

sorry

Fucking excellent flick...crazy fun. Good job all around by the actors (especially Rourke), good action, WAR MACHINE!!!!

Two thumbs up.

Yeah, Rourke made the part quite believable when it could have been just "generic Russian Badguy"

When he said,

[ Spoiler : If you make God bleed, people will cease to believe in him. Then there will be blood in the water and the sharks will come. ]

it seemed something an over-educated Russian would say, and how he would say it. Well to my limited experience of drunkard Russian existentialists anyway.

Um. I...sort of...didn't think it was very good. Downey Jr., Rockwell and Rourke (and, oddly, Gwyneth Paltrow, who I don't normally enjoy much) made it entertaining enough with some strong performances, but I thought the plot was thin and the pacing flabby, especially compared with the original. Spending so much of the film setting up for the future Avengers movie, rather than - say- on IRON MAN, didn't really work for me.

Some good dialogue and effects, and a few excellent scenes, but I didn't really feel it came together cohesively or satisfyingly.

Did anyone else think Scarlet Jowhatsit was extremely dull?

Seriously, even in her supposedly off the walls action sequence, I was more interested in Happy's fight than in whatever she was doing.

But then I generally don't see much in her, and rather prefer ginger xor largeness.

Fellas, we are going to have to do that thing where one of us is right and the others sadly mistaken!.

:)

Though I can admit that SJ seemed a little glum in her scenes, but then isn't Black Widow sort of a traumatised veteran of the espionage game?. Maybe they told her "Just be doing a job, don't have fun". As I remember the character in the comics, she was pretty emo to begin with?.

And I am easily pleased as we have no doubt established already, I liked the bits about the Avengers. I really like the idea of someone doing an Avengers movie, it is all good. And I will go see Mr Jackson any time he calls.

On Scarlet Johanson - she sure is nice to look at, but boy she can not act.

The Avengers/Fury stuff was sort of just dropped in there with little rhyme or reason so I looked at that as a weak link but it was still cool and necessary for the coming flick. I like how they're building it a bit at a time with cameos and such.

Did not think much of Iron Man 2, as I explained more thoroughly in the Yakko-Smakko thread. It gets two "mehs" turned on their sides.