Sign in to follow this  
londonsurrealist

Seems that Punk ain't dead, it's undead!

Written by PETER MILLIGAN;Art and Cover by SIMON BISLEY

In this new 2-part storyline, Constantine reluctantly becomes embroiled in a group of anarcho punks who worship a powerful effigy of Sid Vicious. Complicating matters further is an alchemist and a violent group of extreme political fixers. Featuring guest Art by Simon Bisley!

I really need to get caught up. I haven't read any issues since "Scab". The story sounds interesting. There's never been a Hellblazer storyline with The Sex Pistols has there? I haven't seen a cover a like from Simon Bisley though.

There was that one issue, early on, where they accidentally raised the spirit of Sid Vicious. I think it was a Delano issue? Or maybe an Ennis? Somebody help me out here. It was definitely a flashback to John's early career. Maybe it was in Son of Man? Damn it, somebody help me out!

There was that one issue, early on, where they accidentally raised the spirit of Sid Vicious. I think it was a Delano issue? Or maybe an Ennis? Somebody help me out here. It was definitely a flashback to John's early career. Maybe it was in Son of Man? Damn it, somebody help me out!

You're right. It was in Son of Man. I vaguely remember a line where John comments on how shitty he sounded.

I think his bass gets given to the medium during Jenkins' run as well.

umm..."Anarcho-punks" and "Sid Vicious"? No, no, no.

Punks worship Sid Vicious.

Anarcho-punk is something like Dead Kennedys, Against All Authority, or Millions of Dead Cops, those following in the legacy of Crass, when anarchism was a political statement after the New Left died when autonomism was seen as the future of the Left, before the Sex Pistols.

That's a bit like saying "Offspring" and "underground".

All of those bands (including Crass who have the best claim by a mile) were formed after the Pistols split, Christian.

Now if you were saying The Deviants or Hawkwind, you could maybe have a point about pre-Pistols pop anarchists...

I was only referring to Crass as pre-dating the Pistols and saying that the other anarcho-punk bands followed on from Crass rather than the Pistols.

But, yes, I did think that Crass pre-dated the Pistols.

You're sure they were after the Pistols?