A. Heathen

Constantine 2

From facebook status updates of someone who should know (better).

Frank Cappello.

"John Constantine will live again...."

07 December at 00:07

Of course, we will all want to wish this project the very best of success. Like The Hulk and The Punisher. And Catwoman.

"John Constantine will live again...."

Someone killed him?

You know the ropes, don't disappoint us this time.

Bonus points for getting the line "oh that film was all made up" into the script.

So.. how's everyone doing?

Ready to play?

Long time no see! A lot has been going on here, as a casual glance might reveal.

Been keeping up with current HB events?

constantine_net.jpg

I wasn't at all fond of the film either - more because I didn't find it particularly compelling in itself than because of its manifold flaws as an adaptation - but this idea was a decent one, and wouldn't have been even slightly out-of-place in Hellblazer. IMHO.

Welcome back, Tears. Best of luck...

I can't remember if this scene was actually filmed, don't think it was

The grave scene was shown after the credits and the last few panels were filmed differently as the last scene on the rooftop. Who's TearsinRain again?

It may or may not be Frank Capello. Who may or may not have been one of the many screenwriters involved in the last debacle.

If the rumours I'm hearing out of WB offices are true, they'll be completely junking the previous film and going for something that hews a lot closer in tone to the book.

It may or may not be Frank Capello.

If so then shouldn't he be working on Suburban Commando 2?

Welcome back, Tears. :smile:

If the rumours I'm hearing out of WB offices are true, they'll be completely junking the previous film and going for something that hews a lot closer in tone to the book.

If we've got to have another one, can we at least get Paul Bettany in the lead this time?

He was a quiet man sure was awesome, though.

Constantine sucked donkey balls, though. You win some, you fuck some up...

Is this where we can play "worst comic adaptations ever?" Like any of the 3 Punisher movies, and Constantine.

When I first logged into this forum, it was a couple of years after the movie came out (07?) and I found some of those threads where the forum members just went off on Tears for Rain. To his credit, he didn't roll over and spread 'em, but there were some wonderfully worded smacks of hardness.

And the line "Tears in Rain fell down" (or something to that effect).

Keep making movies because you make some good ones, just stay the hell off Constantine 2.

Are they junking Keanu Reeves, then? That would go a long way.

He was a quiet man sure was awesome, though.

Constantine sucked donkey balls, though. You win some, you fuck some up...

Is this where we can play "worst comic adaptations ever?" Like any of the 3 Punisher movies, and Constantine.

When I first logged into this forum, it was a couple of years after the movie came out (07?) and I found some of those threads where the forum members just went off on Tears for Rain. To his credit, he didn't roll over and spread 'em, but there were some wonderfully worded smacks of hardness.

And the line "Tears in Rain fell down" (or something to that effect).

Keep making movies because you make some good ones, just stay the hell off Constantine 2.

Are they junking Keanu Reeves, then? That would go a long way.

Hey, I like Punisher: War Zone aside from its flaws! I would've prefered the Thomas Jane one had it showcased John Travolta getting his limbs mawled off like Ma Gnucci (if only Jonathan whatisname set the film in NY) instead.

Anyway, since The Matrix, the WB would greenlight any movie as an excuse to have Keanu dressed in black again (barring The Day The Earth Stood Still remake from Faux). Reboot and give us the John Constantine we know and love, goddammit!

Rumour also has it that Keanu has no interest in doing another.

God, I hope it's true.

Rumour also has it that Keanu has no interest in doing another.

He said as much in 2008, I believe, but then contradicted himself and suggested he'd be up for it after all some time last year. So, fuck knows.

If the rumours I'm hearing out of WB offices are true

Been hanging around their Welsh headquarters have you ?

tombanner.jpg

I cannot reveal my sources, John, you know that.

But it's about the movie based on the comic which is the raison d'etre of this forum. Other comics go there. All HELLBLAZER stuff goes in the top section, unless I have misunderstood something.