A. Heathen

Constantine 2

Rumour also has it that Keanu has no interest in doing another.

You've been vigilant on this one, so how come TiR slipped through your net?

I've merged this thread with the original one.

Let us not waste the opportunity to play "If they ever make a film based on Hellblazer, what story should they do?" and "Who should play Constantine?"

Personally, I can live with Keanu reprising his role as long as none of his sidekicks return.

I'd prefer one of those famous Hollywood reboots though,

I see. I have had no involvement in Keanu's reluctance to board a sequel. I certainly wouldn't kid myself that anyone involved gives a toss what I think. Apart from Frank. Of course.

Imho Keanu acted the part well enough, in fact, it suited him pretty well.

What the guy absolutely cannot do is modulating his voice, ie. voice acting, but since I've seen Constantine more often than not in German, luckily I didn't have to listen to him too often.

Losing the sidekick is definitely a good idea. LaBoeuf's presence was aggravating, and I for one cheered when he was pulled up and down a room to his death. And a thicker plot with more thought-provoking content could not hurt either. Not to mention the weaponized relics and associated lame shooting galleries, bleh.

Yeah, I loved them both. Rossdale wasn't too bad either, but similarly to Weisz, he got a pretty clichéd role. Would have been cool to have a more visceral Midnite, too.

I hope I get to work on some illustrations for this one. Tears sent me a couple of very positive emails while the first one was being made.

Good luck Tim!

Tears: I totally think you should do the Family Man story line. But do it right.

You think they will cast a blond Brit in the title role?

Rossdale wasn't too bad either

Are You Balthazar !?

Are You Balthazar !?

Are You Balthazar in Disguise !?

Are Yoooooouuuu Ba....

Rossdale was awesome! :laugh:

....ah not, there he is, carry on.

Is that a casting suggestion or just a general request? :laugh:

Anyway, having seen him looking a bit dishevelled and bedevilled on TV recently, I'd suggest.....

arts-graphics-2008_1133593a.gif

Kenneth Branagh

You need someone who can look scruffy but good. And who's not Robert Downey Jr.

What about Sean Bean?

I wouldn't mind Keanu back, honestly. But then you know I'm one of those unfortunate fools who only found out about the comic from the movie.

What about Sean Bean?

I wouldn't mind Keanu back, honestly. But then you know I'm one of those unfortunate fools who only found out about the comic from the movie.

I remember being a wee lil' lad visiting the site for knowledge on Balthazar and what issues I can find him in and praising the works of Bush (the band). :laugh:

Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare were both excellent I thought, the rest weren't up to much - Keanu was fucking appalling.

Right on to that. Have they considered going back to the source? Is Sting still a douchebag? Can he act, even? I sort of remember him in a movie. Was it a version of Frankenstein?

Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare were both excellent I thought, the rest weren't up to much - Keanu was fucking appalling.

Right on to that. Have they considered going back to the source? Is Sting still a douchebag? Can he act, even? I sort of remember him in a movie. Was it a version of Frankenstein?

Dune.

Sting's a little too old for the role now. There's a host of other actors around who could nail it.

He's been in quite a few movies actually. And was good in a couple of them.

Atticus: It was a bit of both.

This is making me all nostalgic.

How sweet and innocent the world was back then.

Sweet and Innocent? Tcha Right. :wink:

You might as well shoot it in 3D, with a CGI'ed Sting minus the wrinkles.

Sting's a little too old for the role now. There's a host of other actors around who could nail it.

He's the same age as JC (c18 months older, but that's not so important in yr late 50s). Not sure he'd have the acting chops, though - his previous performances have mostly involved looking either pretty or menacing. That's twice the range than Keanu, granted.

I can't see Hollywood going for a lead who'd remind most of the target audience of their dad, though. Probably have to be 40 at most. So, again, Paul Bettany. Go see 'Gangster No. 1' if you need convincing. And, going by his recent work, he's certainly not averse to potentially cheesy horror flicks.

He's the same age as JC (c18 months older, but that's not so important in yr late 50s). Not sure he'd have the acting chops, though - his previous performances have mostly involved looking either pretty or menacing. That's twice the range than Keanu, granted.

I can't see Hollywood going for a lead who'd remind most of the target audience of their dad, though. Probably have to be 40 at most. So, again, Paul Bettany. Go see 'Gangster No. 1' if you need convincing. And, going by his recent work, he's certainly not averse to potentially cheesy horror flicks.

Ha, I knew someone would bring up the 'Sting is as old as JC' point. But as you pointed out, no one in the audience (or, really, most Hellblazer readers, I'm guessing) would go for a Constantine who looks 60. There's a reason that they don't reference his age too explicitly anymore - he doesn't look like he's in his late 50s in the comic either. Agreed on Sting's lack of range though. For all we know he does have some range but he hasn't needed to express it. Bettany is the obvious choice (and a decent one) but if we look beyond actors who fit the JC physical template exactly, I think there may even be some better choices.

Keanu Reeves > The Artist Formerly Known As The Police.