A. Heathen

Constantine 2

I don't want to be "that" guy but I think in an attempt to play down the embittered geek aspect some of us are throwing the baby out with the bath-water.

Englishness is a pre-requiste. It. Just. Fucking. Is.

That will be all.

I don't want to be "that" guy but I think in an attempt to play down the embittered geek aspect some of us are throwing the baby out with the bath-water.

That will be all.

:boogie::boogie:

oh, I think Hiddlestone could work (to be fair, that was a poor pic of him), but he's already playing Loki in Thor and I can't see him playing any other comic book characters.

Tell that to Ryan Reynolds, aka Blade Trinity's Hannibal King, Wolverine's Wade Wilson, Green Lantern's Hal Jordan and Deadpool's, er, other Wade Wilson. Or Chris Evans, aka The Fantastic Four's Johnny Storm, The Losers' Jensen, TMNT's Casey Jones, Scott Pilgrim's Lucas Lee and Captain America's Captain America.

Actually, don't. I really like them and I'd hate it if they stopped doing these movies.

oh, I think Hiddlestone could work (to be fair, that was a poor pic of him), but he's already playing Loki in Thor and I can't see him playing any other comic book characters.

Tell that to Ryan Reynolds, aka Blade Trinity's Hannibal King, Wolverine's Wade Wilson, Green Lantern's Hal Jordan and Deadpool's, er, other Wade Wilson. Or Chris Evans, aka The Fantastic Four's Johnny Storm, The Losers' Jensen, TMNT's Casey Jones, Scott Pilgrim's Lucas Lee and Captain America's Captain America.

Actually, don't. I really like them and I'd hate it if they stopped doing these movies.

I knew somebody was going to mention it. ah well... I'd just prefer Bettany.

That will be all.

Hear hear!!!

OK, but being a decent actor should count for more than it does.

It counts for a huge amount, obviously. Just about everything, in fact. But none of your posts about Hiddleston make any mention of his acting abilities - the only reasons you've given for thinking he'd make a good Constantine is that you think he looks just like one artist's version of the comic-book character, and that he's not Keanu Reeves.

To me, that's not a credible argument, and that was all I was responding to - if you'd made any mention of the guy's previous acting work, or why you thought he might give a good performance in this role, I wouldn't have objected at all (because I have no idea what I'd think of him in the role, because I don't recall having seen him in anything. I'm perfectly willing to be persuaded, if you could point me to something he was particularly good in).

Oh, I was busted! You are correct, I went by his looks, and I hoped someone would say whether he was a good actor or not. I assumed with a name like Hiddleston, he'd have to be British too, but I honestly don't know. I've been re-reading Hellblazer lately, and in those issues when John had the long hair, I just thought that kid looked like him. I thought it would be cool if for the next one they did a prequel and went back to his early adventures, like Newcastle. But I've been outed, curse the damned luck!

As it's a film of a comic, they've probably cast Chris Evans already.

Check again....

IMDB states Constantine 2 in pre-production for 2012.

:sherlock:

Hm. The site is ImdbPro only. Anyone with access feel like pasting the info here?

Funny, I recall expressing a similar position when I first got around here only to be set straight by you.

Heh - it's entirely possible, I suppose (my opinions tend towards the capricious, and are prone to reconsideration on a regular basis), but I have no such recollection. Are you sure you're not thinking of someone else?

Not entirely, come to think of it might have been James or Tom.

Who's Tears?

I am Ted "Theodore" Constanteen and this is my associate "Chas" S. Chandler.

b&t19x.jpg

(So glad to be able to use that old one again)

Bill and Ted 3 could potentially be utterly incredible. The comedic possiblities of two men in their forties behaving in that way coupled with the scewed sci-fi of the first two films are huge.

It could suck like nothing has ever sucked before, too. For the record, I've always liked the Paul Bettany casting suggestion, but I thought I'd throw that other guy in for the sake of variety. I've learned my lesson.

It could suck like nothing has ever sucked before, too. For the record, I've always liked the Paul Bettany casting suggestion, but I thought I'd throw that other guy in for the sake of variety. I've learned my lesson.

Oh shush you.

Hiya Frank.

Hope you're doing good.

Doing swell, thanks. Just finished C2. If they make this.. and of course that's a big "if", it could very very cool.. even for the ones here that didn't much care for the first. This one's more my baby so I'm a pretty proud pappa at this minute. Then again, it hasn't gone through the grismill yet... Always remember, wat you see up on screen isn't always what was intended.

Have a happy holiday and drink down a pint for ol' Johnny... He may be coming back....

Yeah, I suppose there's no stopping the Akiva Goldman train once it gets fired up...

Still, a merry Christmas to you and yours, and a happy new year too!